Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st Ispc Gun - 627

jasond

i just took delivery of a brand new 627-vcomp! it will be my 1st ipsc gun, i'm going to try to shoot it in production. it will also be used for pins, hunter's pistol silhouette, and blowing up milk jugs filled with water at long range. i'm going to wear this sucker out!

it has a dovetailed front sight, .25" high and looks to be .375"x60 slot.

which fiber optic front sight will fit the best?

also, i have a dillon SDB with .357 dies, and i'd like to use .38 short colts in this gun. i also have a box of rainier 158 rn plated bullets, that need a taper crimp. do i just get a 9mm conversion for the press?

thanks!

This info was just posted to Guns and Reloading section in response to my question regarding the 38 Short Colt. The front sight is available from Brownell,s, they have several that fit the factory base.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Production might not work out due to where ammo can be carried in that class BUT it is a fine gun for Revolver(but only use 6 rounds per cylinder) or shoot it in L10. And of course, it's great for ICORE matches.

The front sight dovetail is cut for a standard rifle sight...not a pistol sight cut Brownells has several that will fit but the one I used is a Williams Fire Sight. Measure the width of the rib where the sight goes and order the one that is the same. It will fit just fine.

post-3054-1151726474.jpg

Production might not work out due to where ammo can be carried in that class

Actually, depending on your reload technique, it can work pretty well.

I open the gun and toss in the moonclip with my left hand. So keeping my moon-holders behind my left hipbone (per Production rules) is not a problem. I have shot a match or two this way with my 627 in a kydex holster and it worked just fine!

I open the gun and toss in the moonclip with my left hand. So keeping my moon-holders behind my left hipbone (per Production rules) is not a problem. I have shot a match or two this way with my 627 in a kydex holster and it worked just fine!

Yeah, I've shot production too with a revo. I use the bladetech double stack moonclip holders behind the hipbone. You can get 6 moonclips in the space of 3 so the holders don't end up all the way around your back.

Yeah, I've shot production too with a revo. I use the bladetech double stack moonclip holders behind the hipbone. You can get 6 moonclips in the space of 3 so the holders don't end up all the way around your back.

I had forgotten about the Bladetech double stack holders. That would would be interesting.

The front sight dovetail is cut for a standard rifle sight...not a pistol sight cut Brownells has several that will fit but the one I used is a Williams Fire Sight. Measure the width of the rib where the sight goes and order the one that is the same. It will fit just fine.

post-3054-1151726474.jpg

very good - that's what i wanted to hear! and thanks for the pic!

i have some homemade moonclip holders that should work out a little better than the rest, but for now weak hand reloads are really awkward for me. i also just have the 3 factory clips that came with it and jhp reloading dummies, and they won't get in the gun AT ALL!

i know i have to use the muzzle cap but a safariland 002 is legal, right? and i assume i can't bob the hammer or put on a big cylinder release due to the external mods rule.

i know i have to use the muzzle cap but a safariland 002 is legal, right? and i assume i can't bob the hammer or put on a big cylinder release due to the external mods rule.

In Production, No. The 002 would be considered a "race" holster and external mods except sights are not permitted for any gun in Production. If you shot it in Revolver Division you'd be fine.

in revo division, i think it will be slower to load. plus like two guys show up for the local matches. i really just want to try to beat a glock or two with the outdated wheelgun!

the 002 is kydex and covers the trigger and half the cylinder, per the rules (i just took another look at them) but it's open in the front. i think i'll just wait to get called on it.

Plus one on the Production/Blade-tech combo. It's fun if you have a correct holster