Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hodgdon Press Release

LPatterson

"Hodgdon Powder Company and Winchester Ammununition are proud to announce that Winchester branded reloading powders will now be licensed to Hodgdon. Winchester powder users will enjoy the same consistent supply of 231, 296, 748, 760, WST and WSF... snip ... New Winchester one-pound canisters will be packaged in the now familiar round plastic bottles with a blue lid."

Media release from Chris Hodgdon printed in Skeet Shooting Review June 2006, page 20.

Look for Hodgdon to take over distribution of VihtaVouri powders soon as well :ph34r:

Heck, while Hodgdon in in acquisition mode maybe they could scoop up NobelSport too.

A steady supply of SP2 would be a GOOD thing.

You're gonna give us people who live in Montana a bad name. Hodgdon licensed Winchester powders on January 30th, 2006.

Sorry I'm a transplant & not a native but my source was the first time I saw it in print & I do read Gun World, Shooting Times, American Cop, Swat, Soldier Of Fortune, Combat Handguns, American Rifleman, American Handgunner, Guns Magazine, Guns & Ammo Handguns, Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement, Shooting Illustrated, Special Weapons For Military & Police.

"Hodgdon Powder Company and Winchester Ammununition are proud to announce that Winchester branded reloading powders will now be licensed to Hodgdon. Winchester powder users will enjoy the same consistent supply of 231, 296, 748, 760, WST and WSF... snip ... New Winchester one-pound canisters will be packaged in the now familiar round plastic bottles with a blue lid."

Media release from Chris Hodgdon printed in Skeet Shooting Review June 2006, page 20.

So LeRoy... Whats your take on this...? Good or bad for us? :)

So LeRoy... Whats your take on this...? Good or bad for us? :)

I think/hope that it will be a good thing and help stabilize prices. I don't think it will affect prices for Vit because it is probably effected by import tax. While I have stopped using Clays in my 45 & switched to Alliant American Select, I still use it in the 12GA. I use Universal Clays in the 20GA & it used to be my 28GA load but I have started using Unique because it doesn't seem to burn the crimp as badly. I was using Lil'Gun in the 410 but switched to Alliant 410. I think Chris Hodgdon decided that people were not switching to the Hodgdon brand as much as marketing projected so he has decided to use the old MicroSoft adage "If you can't outsell them then buy them out". Beside it gives him tremendous leverage when dealing with suppliers who used to be able to say "if you don't like my price I will sell it to your competition." Hodgdon's competition is shrinking because he markets or controls 51 different brand name powders.

/Rant mode on

The major problem is if cities decide the powder Hodgdon sells is contributing to the crime rate in their city & decide to sue. Wouldn't pass the laugh or smell test but mayors do silly things in an effort to get reelected.

//Rant mode off

........ Hodgdon's competition is shrinking because he markets or controls 51 different brand name powders......

Damn. That seems to work well with the gas companies and Microsoft.... :wacko::rolleyes:

Lets hope it helps us, the shooters. ;)

I think Winchester could sell more if Hodgdon increases the load choices with various componants like they do with Clays for example...at least in shotshells.

I switched from Winchester powders to Clays just for that reason. And Winchester wasn't interested in any variations from the meager published loads...I tried. I don't think "reloading parts" are in their master plan.