Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-05

First time I've seen this one. Shot it today with a 7.5051 hf. Can't FIND it anywhere else to determine what the HHF is (grrrr).

Lemme know if you've shot it and have a percentage in Open.

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/cm99-05.pdf

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 9:13 pm on May 12, 2002)

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• 1 month later...

Shot this one today limited. I wasn't a speed demon, but I got the hits. Down one point in 7.17 seconds for a hit factor of 11.0181. Slow draw and sluggish reload, but I'll take the A's.

Worked out to be 97.505 per cent. Darn, thought it would be 100.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 5:56 pm on July 15, 2002)

• 3 months later...

Cold and rainy today.  Open

8.3?        no D's

Reload was not crisp, but no fumble.  I think I cost myself some time by shooting the right half, left to right until I got to the 1st popper, then went to the other popper, then right to left on the remaining paper targets.  

• 11 months later...

Wierd, this one doesn't seem too popular. .. it's fun and a shoot target behind a popper is an unusual thing for a classifier.

Shot it today Open 6.91, down 3. If my math and the gods line up, this'll kick me way down the alphabet ("Finally", sez everybody else)

I drew to the near paper and worked left before the reload on Matt Burkett's "Target Math" theory and it seemed to work. Lots of other people drew to the leftmost softcover target for some reason. Btw, by standing in one corner of the box, you can see quite a bit of A-zone behind the popper. No need to come back for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shot this one yesterday in Limited. It's a hands relaxed at sides start which I prefer over surrender and am a tenth or two faster from.

Although I can definitely see arguments to shooting it differently, I drew to the close target right in your face, T4, then shot R-L on the left array (T4, T3, T2, T1). I trigger froze on T3 and had already started moving the gun, but I came back to it and gave it another shot before going on to T4. The reload was good and I didn't "chase the gun" as can happen when shifting to the right to engage another array. I then shot L-R across the remaining array. I agree with Shred on the paper behind the popper (T6), as you could set up in the box right and see plenty of it (at least in this setup).

It felt kindof slow (it's funny how the really good ones feel that way) though I had called all of my hits and knew the 2nd array went really well. I figured the trigger freeze cost me .2 or so. Ended up being a 6.35 down 5 for a HF of 11.8110. I have that as being 100% in Limited, right? (well technically a bit over). My third 100% if my calculations are right and it should put me perilously close if not pushing me over the edge to GM. :unsure:

Bryant

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hmmm.

Shot this one a couple weeks ago. I drew to T4, then shot T3, T2, T1

Reload went OK...nothing special, nothing terrible. Shot T5 and PP1, then thought I saw enough of T6 to engage it right away, but hit PP1 again, then fired two more at T6, then T7 and PP2.

B Limited 77 0 12.13 6.3479

Somewhere in the mid 50s??? won't help me.

I'd like to hear how best to take the right hand array. Do you hit the close target, PP1, then transition to PP2 and work back to the left? I think that's how I would do it next time.

DD