Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do You Get Payout ($) For Winning In Uspsa?

question...

i know in IPSC Canada we get no payouts ($$) for winning, you get awards.

How about prizes and payouts for winning matches in USPSA? Do you get it for winning your class also?I have read Bianchi cup gives $ for winning and stuff.

Depends on the match. The two area matches I have attended have had payouts for overall and class (if enough participants). Some section matches pay, but mostly trophies. Some club matches even have payouts - mostly not.

At club matches we generally get a discount on the next match if we win our division. This extends to class wins if there's enough people.

At the SC Sectional, I know they have cash payouts. I got a check for my state L-10 win in 2004. They just laughed at me for my performance in 2005 ;) , but my stage got the votes for "most challenging" (no payout).

I've got money at the 2005 Florida State Match (HOA Limited 10), and 2005 Area 6 (3rd "C" Limited), but these are the only money matches I've shot (I'm waiting for a check from 2006 Area 6 (High "C" Limited), but haven't seen it yet).

[Thread drift on]

Has anyone who won at this year's Area 6 gotten a check yet?

[Thread drift off]

All that is determined on a match by match, by the match staff.

I recall winning D-class at a match when I started...and, getting a check for $10 in the mail. :)

Other than that, I don't think I have seen any cash money. I have won a few prizes at the bigger matches.

Most clubs here in Louisiana on the weekend matches give out $20 to high overall in each division if there are at least 5 or more competitors per category. The winners of divisions get ribbons for M,A,B,(down to third place) and so on if there are a set # of competitors in that class. Nobody is getting rich, but it can at least buy lunch and it is a way to recognize someone in the other classes as well.

Some of the club matches in our section..give out prize cards for match fees...

depends on if you win overall in division or placement in class depending on the number of competitors.

The Mid-Atlantic Section clubs have a prize policy in place. We pay division winners $30 (as long as there were five shooters or more in the division) and class winners within a division get $20.- as long as there are three competitors in the class/division.