Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going and I'm also a sponsor, $1,000 in prizes.

The ammo Jake and I will be bringing;

Win 12 gauge "AA"#8..................................750

Rem 12 gauge 1oz. reduced slugs.................200

Fed .223 55 gr...........................................2000

Black Hills .40 180 gr, reman......................2000

Buckshot......................................................50

Black Hills .308 ............................................40

This is for both of us. Might have to hit Wally World when we get to town.

Gatorade by the gallon

Tylenol by the ton

Plus I get to use the bathroom first lest Jake open The Portal.

Edited by Hey QuicksDraw!

As a newbie, (maybe also the token Englishman from NM) I shall be attending & I too am still loading ammo & waiting for my new rifle to arrive.... Talk about cutting things fine!!! :o:D

My ammo load is virtually the same as Sinstral's. Watch & take pity on the poor Trooper class folks, we'll be struggling along behind yer 4 wheelers & the like....

I'll be there, with lots of ammo.

Whats the deal with buck shot, I read somewhere that buck shot was not needed you coluld use slugs or small shot. Someone please help, or its off to the store for buck shot.

Anybody know how far the 10 sniper shots are, like to shoot a few before the match?

Going with 500 rds of 55's and 250 rounds of 77's for the JP-15. 600 rounds of shot 1ncluding buck, #6 and #7 1/2. 100 slugs. 600 rounds of pistol (maybe more). 50 rounds of .308 - people always want to borrow the AW :-)

Read the article on my site under the tips section for more info on the match. The gear list is incredible! Of course the problem is when you finish the match, nearly everything else just doesn't really match up. There is a reason it is called the IronMan!

If anyone has any other questions before they take off and need advice, give me a shout direct at 602-790-8838.

Take care,

Matt

I'll be there, with lots of ammo.

Whats the deal with buck shot, I read somewhere that buck shot was not needed you coluld use slugs or small shot. Someone please help, or its off to the store for buck shot.

Per the match director you are allowed to use buckshot on any steel targets meant for shotgun. There tends to be a few steel targets you'll want to use it on.

So far my count is as follows:

1400- .223

1000-.40

100 buckshot

160 slugs

600 bird shot

1-650 Artic Cat ATV

1- 4x8 trailer

1- Excursion to haul all 4 guys' crap

Plus anything extra I can think of. :blink:

You will really need some heavy buckshot on the Double Swinger if it is still a requirement to spin the thing.

Scott

those double spinners are brutal! 60 seconds in penalties.

The local guys here have one, so last weekend I spent some time practicing on it with my handgun. Last year I couldn't spin any of them with my 9mm. In practice I could do it now in 14-18 rounds. We'll see if I can do it at the match after running all over the place and shooting 100-150 rounds at other stuff.

I'm ridding with BIG BORE and I think we may have enough ammo in the Excursion to invade Iraq :D:D:D Well, maybe some small third world country. I'm also glad he is bring all that extra ammo 'cause if I run out I know who to borrow some from.

And danged if they didn't just send us the rules! I may have to rethink putting a bipod on the scoped tactical rifle, and a red dot.

Here is what I am bringing:

150 Slugs

1100 rifle

1000 pistol

400 birdshot (I am still looking for 2 boxes of spreaders for stage 4)

35 Active buckshot (they rock on the double swingers)

35 winchester buckshot

Scott

Scott,

Unless they changed the rules from the last two years you ARE allowed to use a bipod when shooting scoped tactical. B) The red dot on the other hand WILL move you into open. :blink:

Yes they changed the rules. The last e-mail I got on friday said at the top of the page that one of the guns in scoped tactical can be an open gun. So two optics can be used on the rifle if that is your "open" scoped tactial gun.

Scott

This will be my first 3 gun match and I am now starting to think that I have underestimated the whole ammo situation.

I look forward to seeing you in the next few days.

Mario.

ps Just in case I find I need lots more ammo, what is the situation for a non American citizen buying ammunition from the local shops?

Both times I have been to the IronMan, there was ammo available from at least one vendor and you will find most competitors willing to help out too.

If that fails, try the little general store down the road from the range. I'm not thinking there will be much problem purchasing anything you want in the great state of Idaho ;-)

ammo-corn.jpg

Mario, I'm an ex-pat Englishman & you have no legal issues on you buying any ammo whatsoever, guns are a different kettle of fish, 'natch. As for the swingers, I have no idea what they are but I spoke with Tennille at MGM last week after reading Matt Burkett's comments on his site about not moving them with a minor gun. She tells me that this for year, if you hit the swinger it counts & if it swings, that's a bonus. I guess I'll find out what a swinging target looks like when I get there....... :blink: