Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-tech D.o.holster In Production Division?

Bigbadaboom

Sorry, I voted to loose it. I was about ready to buy one to keep up with the technology race, then I thought of what I perceive as the intent of Production (and my intent of training for real carry situations), about how much time differeence it wouldn't make anyway, and how good it would be to avoid the whole issue especially if a ruling were made against it after I bought one, and I decided to go with a belt holster.

I'm happy with my regular belt holster. Sorry. We don't have IDPA around here so I try to tailor my training/competition to real life defense encounters as much as possible. I could see women wanting it if they thought it was a viable carry holster.

Sorry, I voted to loose it. I was about ready to buy one to keep up with the technology race, then I thought of what I perceive as the intent of Production (and my intent of training for real carry situations), about how much time differeence it wouldn't make anyway, and how good it would be to avoid the whole issue especially if a ruling were made against it after I bought one, and I decided to go with a belt holster.

I'm happy with my regular belt holster. Sorry. We don't have IDPA around here so I try to tailor my training/competition to real life defense encounters as much as possible. I could see women wanting it if they thought it was a viable carry holster.

If you want to train for self defense then you should spend your money and go and take some self defense training classes like Gunsite and ThunderRanch.

Shooting these matches should not be considered training.

You can consider it trigger time, learning your weapon, but not training.

So you decided to not get one and the rest of us shouldn't be able to use it?

USPSA / IPSC shooting is competitive sport shooting. It is not a training exercise. The "Idea" of production division was to allow Joe Blow to get into the sport on the cheap and be competitive. It was not designed to replace IDPA.

The DOHolster is, IMHO, a "Less expensive" holster.

I think all this started when they decided to combine the SS nats with the SSA match and SSA doesent allow the DOH. I havent heard or read a word about production. I bet its much ado about nothing.------Larry

There's no option for me:

I don't own one, but I care about the issue. I'm tired of my fellow shooters taking it up the a$$ because of a whiny crybaby vocal minority in USPSA. If you can't take the heat, go shoot cowboy action.

I don't see any reason to single out the Blade-Tech DOH. Competitor Equipment has to comply with the applicable rules (i.e. 5.2.5; 5.2.7; App US D9 10, 12, & 23). If the issue is the 50mm rule, that becomes a function of the holster and the anatomy of the competitor.