Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&w Bear Medicine

Middle Man

/sarcasm mode on/

Oh...those are something you're going to want to put some rounds through.

/sarcasm mode off/

(This coming from a guy who doesn't really like to shoot his 638 airweight...)

I think they have their place, but I'll stick with something I can handle.

Ray

Having enjoyed the immense pleasure of firing the 8' .500 I'll pass on the 2.75'. If I bought one of those I'd have to get a single stage press to load ammo for it....one round at a time should be plenty. On second thought, the 8" would be great for revolver division. Anyone making moon clips for it yet? It should make major with a 400 grain bullet comfortably at 415 fps. Is the snubby IDPA legal for a BUG? :D

I'm particularly amused that S&W's marketing team thinks that a Kodiak will patiently wait for you to dig your theronewcular hand cannon out of the plastic box before eating you. It's almost as amusing as the public's Pavlovian fear of all bears.

Dale

I like your idea of an ipsc load for that gun.

Even MORE cool would be a Steel Challenge load of 400gr bullet at 325 fps. Here's what "Five to Go" will sound like:

Boom.......thunk.

Boom............thunk.

Boom................thunk.

Boom.....................thunk.

Boom.......clank.

Eric has the right idea, a five shot manly revolver for Steel Challenge. Real men only need 5 rounds for the Speed Option.

I'm particularly amused that S&W's marketing team thinks that a Kodiak will patiently wait for you to dig your theronewcular hand cannon out of the plastic box before eating you. It's almost as amusing as the public's Pavlovian fear of all bears.

Looks like a bear proof Pelican case at that. Wouldn't want the bear to cut it's paws on the survival knife....

Dale

I like your idea of an ipsc load for that gun.

Even MORE cool would be a Steel Challenge load of 400gr bullet at 325 fps. Here's what "Five to Go" will sound like:

Boom.......thunk.

Boom............thunk.

Boom................thunk.

Boom.....................thunk.

Boom.......clank.

Outer Limits would be fun

Boom... Boom...thunkthunk. It would drive the scorekeepers nuts with bullets that take 1/4 and 1/3rd of a second to even hit the targets.

the extra for an .30 impact stop plate would suck

Having enjoyed the immense pleasure of firing the 8' .500 I'll pass on the 2.75'. If I bought one of those I'd have to get a single stage press to load ammo for it....one round at a time should be plenty. On second thought, the 8" would be great for revolver division. Anyone making moon clips for it yet? It should make major with a 400 grain bullet comfortably at 415 fps. Is the snubby IDPA legal for a BUG? :D

Yes sir, moonclips are made for the .500 here and that would be one fine BUG gun... :blink: