Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heinie Slant Pro Won't Go In..

kamann

Hi all, i just got the slant pro 315 for my G34 and it will not go in. I tried using a small peice of wood and hammer, driving right to left like the instructions say, but it won't budge.

How do i make this work?

I'm only pointing this out because it's not clear in your post. The sights remove and install from the left side of the slide. Not, "to the left". Other than that, I probably can't help you much since I don't have Heinie sights.

I've installed Heinie rear sights a couple of times, and as JoeD said, they always drift in and out from the right -- or ejection port -- side of the slide.

I put the slide in a vice, and use a heavy metal rod I got from somewhere, put a dab of oil on the base of the dovetail, and whack that sucker in.

Hmmmm, I have always installed sights from right to left.

I believe a rule of thumb with most guns if you are pointing the gun at the target most pins/sights get pushed let to right.

As far as the sights, you might try a sight pusher that might help, before you go and file. If the sight pusher doesnt work then you may resort to taking a little material off and see if you can get them on.

Looking at the rear of the slide, the sight comes out left-right and goes back in right-left.

I have a Glock slide rear sight tool that I bought from Brownells years ago, and was a good investment of $68.

I've installed at least 4 of the Heinie slant pro rear sights. I've had to take a little material off the bottom of the sight dovetail with a file every time. Set slide in vice, install right to left if standing behind slide like you are shooting. Tap with a nylon punch or brass rod. After I confirm windage at the range, I then take some blue loctite to the set screw and some red loctite to each side of the sight in the dovetail (just a drop). Push the red into the cracks with a q-tip and wipe off excess. Sight won't move, but can still be removed with brass punch and hammer.

Nick-

These sights worked beautifully. I shot my first IPSC match with it sunday. The sight picture is awesome and the brightness of the front Dawson sight is great. Puts the stock sights to shame really.

Matt @ CGR thanks for the great service and fast shipping time on this Heinie/Dawson combo.

Edited by kamann