Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mason-dixon 3 Gun Championship

From the IPSC rifle rules page...

The IPSC "A" rifle target is 8-1/2"w x 11"h with an "A" zone that is 10cm wide by 19cm high

The IPSC "B" rifle target is 11"w x 17"h with an "A" zone that is 15cm wide by 28cm high

Just wanted to confirm - thanks

No need to worry about backgrounds, or switching to scopes.

There is a dark background with bright white paper targets.

Just shoot straight and the rifle stage will be a piece of cake.

We intend to keep this fun. Stick with the basics.... trigger control, sight alignment, etc.

Don't let this one stage psyche you out. B):rolleyes:B)

See you soon!

What's with the "NO NEW SHOOTERS" rule??? I have been shooting IPSC on & off since 1984 yet due to my move here to the USA, I am unclassified.

--snip--

The requirement to be a USPSA member and have at least 1 classifier on record is to help ensure that applicants have shot an approved or sanctioned match (which follow USPSA and IPSC rules) prior to entering this 'championship' match.

A 3 gun match is definately NOT the place for a new shooter to cut their teeth on IPSC with 3 rule books (4 if you count the Tournament rules) and 3 different trigger pulls and gun configurations/safeties/sights, etc. A 'championship' 3 gun with serious competition and prizes on the line - doubly so.

But, as they say, there are no absolutes and exceptions are possible. If there are foreign shooters with obvious IPSC experience, we will be looking at their application on an individual basis even though they may not be USPSA members or have a classifier on file.

After our safety and experience concerns are satisfied, the only other thing we really want is to accomodate as many shooters as possible.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions or concerns.

(edited for typos)

Thanks for clearing that up for me & hopefully by now you should have received the email from the NROI officer from my club? I completely understand the reasoning & I'd like to publicly apologise if I came off like a pr*#k. Being in the US now & getting to shoot all these matches is like a breath of fresh air after the nightmare of the UK.... :D

Quick question on the round count as I'll need to send my ammo up to the head office in VA; does the total include all rounds required for minimum hits or is it per MGM where it reflects 1 x 'A' hit per target?

Thanks again for your polite & informative emails, I sincerely appreciate it.

Don't let this one stage psyche you out.

If my new to 3gun, suck ass rifle skills can get 9/10 hits at 300yds, I'm sure that everyone else will clean the stage easily. It is a ton of fun shooting at that distance.

Thanks for clearing that up for me & hopefully by now you should have received the email from the NROI officer from my club?

--snip--

Thanks again for your polite & informative emails, I sincerely appreciate it.

No problem. I have the RO's email, but your app isn't here yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know the results???

It was a very good match, and even better than last year. Very well run. It is good to have a quality 3gun match on the east coast. Hats off to the all the crew.

The last results I saw posted before leaving was:

Open - Adam Benson

Limited - Scott Goetz

Tactial - Daniel (the young army guy who was burning down the course!)

Final results might even be posted tonight at MPSA Web site

Edited by BamBam

I would like to thank all of the hard working people who made your match a success. The match was well run and had good straight up 3-gun stages. We need more quality 3-gun matches

like yours on the east coast. I hope your RO's aren't all burned up- sun was brutal. Coming from upstate New York, not use to that heat. I think my brain overheated on one pistol stage. Excellent job to all, see ya next year.

thanks

LOuie mastronardi

Just wanted to say this was an excellent match.

Very good stages, excellent match adminstration, well runned and fast results. Great weather (a little hot); all around good time. A must shoot for your 3G calendar for next year.

Thanks to Gooch, BamBam, MPSA crew, and the rest of the staff. Keep up the good work. I'll be back next year.

Thanks to all for the kind words and strong support~!!

We'll keep adding to the size and skill challenge of this match to make it the premier 3-gun event in the region. The facility has lots to offer and with your help there is no limit to the caliber of match we can offer in the future.

Planning will start soon for next year. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

• 6 months later...
When I checked with the match director so as to avoid a conflict with the Topton Rifle Match scheduled for June 30 and July 1, I was advised that the Mason-Dixon 3-Gun is planned for May 19 and 20.

How solid are these dates? That is the same weekend as the CMMG match. I would rather shoot in this region, but I also would hate to miss a match with such a rich prize table as CMMG

• 1 month later...

Sent an email to the match director about the website. It has been down for about a month as far a I can tell. I wanna get some apps to the 3-gun. We're trying to plan a little trip (2 "away" matches in one weekend)

Dave M.

I might try bam bam as well.