Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ced 7000

shred

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the only thing that would be off would be the draw time...and, thus...the overall time, right?

Correct ---- and by comparing it with the official time, I noted a .10-.20 difference ---- so you could get a good estimate for speed differences in different approaches to a stage, as you watch your squadmates shoot....

Jenny won one at the Targeting Education match (staff drawing). I may have to "borrow" it and see how well this feature works. It should prove quite useful...as getting that info from the RO's actual timer isn't really a good option.

• 4 weeks later...

CED was cool enough to donate some 7000's to the Steel Challenge prize table, and we got one. It got it's first real workout the other day at a steel match and works very well, especially if you turn off the 'must-push-reset-before-start' feature that all CEDs have so inexperienced users can work it (this is an easy change in the menus)

The numbers could be a little bigger for the scorekeeper to read at a distance (the 8000 rocks for that), and I haven't figured out a good use for the neck lanyard besides whipping the shooter in the head just before the beep, but even including those minor issues, it's an excellent timer in a very portable form factor.

CED was cool enough to donate some 7000's to the Steel Challenge prize table, and we got one. It got it's first real workout the other day at a steel match and works very well, especially if you turn off the 'must-push-reset-before-start' feature that all CEDs have so inexperienced users can work it (this is an easy change in the menus)

The numbers could be a little bigger for the scorekeeper to read at a distance (the 8000 rocks for that), and I haven't figured out a good use for the neck lanyard besides whipping the shooter in the head just before the beep, but even including those minor issues, it's an excellent timer in a very portable form factor.

I haven't had the opportunity to whip a fellow shooter with the neck lanyard yet but I like it when I am practicing by myself. (Just to hold the timer; not to whip myself).

• 4 months later...

One cool thing - I just got in a 7000 w/ a belt clip. When not in use, you can flip the timer around in the belt clip, and the belt clip will protect the screen and front buttons on the timer while it rides in your bag, etc... ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one and it is a fun little toy. The beep is not sufficent for match use. I have tried it on quiet and regular. When you have bays at a range that are close together it would create nothing but confusion.

The R-U-Ready has the best crisp beep out of any timer on the market, but does not have all of the practice features of the CED7000.

The Rechargeable battery is also a dumb idea. When you are at a major match all of the stage boxes have extra batteries in them for when a timer dies. Now ranges must purchase an $11 box to put in every stage box. Sounds like a scam to make money.

I leave mine in my range bag for practice and it seems everytime I pull mine out of the bag for practice the battery is dead. I guess you have to charge it on the night stand like your cell phone.