Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Updated Classifications On 1 April 06

North

whats going on here? Are they really late from last month or really early this month? Are they planning on the regular update around the 15th? Is this just a bad April fools joke?

Kat,

Would an older version of the classification update file help? That would get you back to ground zero. (Many clubs "forget" to update their classifications monthly anyway, so it wouldn't be too bad if your club was 1 month behind.)

Shooter Grrl,

Are you using ver 2.28 for EZScore?

We used to have the same problem you are having with the prior version (2.27).

You can fix it by installing 2.28 or renaming the USPSA folder and installing version 2.0 to run the update then rename folders etc.

FWIW, that is a PITA!!!!!! But it works.

I got so pissed off at the forums slowing to a crawl that I closed the browser and went off to "kill stuff" :ph34r:

Flex - yes, please - send me an old version if you have one saved.

SRT - yup - updated to 2.28, didn't fix it! Rob tried desperately to help and wasn't able to come up with anything. Next step is to call Roger.

Mmm... I noticed another problem... One of my recently posted classifiers (last month) simply disappeared from my listing... yet the oldest one is still on the list. The newest classifier was significantly higher, but my average went down... Sent an email... Any chance this problem is related to the one mentioned earlier in this thread?

Was there not a backup done of the database before the stats run?

Mmm... I noticed another problem... One of my recently posted classifiers (last month) simply disappeared from my listing... yet the oldest one is still on the list. The newest classifier was significantly higher, but my average went down... Sent an email... Any chance this problem is related to the one mentioned earlier in this thread?

Was there not a backup done of the database before the stats run?

It shouldn't have disappeared completely from your personal page. If you can figure out which score it was from your personal records, from which club on what date and which classifier, hit factor too if you have it, that would really help Sedro W. recover it for you. The more information you can provide them the better your chances. It's a big data base.

Here's what happened:

When the classifiers are uploaded, three things are updated in this order:

#1: The on-line database used for classification lookup

#2: www.uspsa.org/ezwinscore/ezdb.txt

#3: www.uspsa.org/ezwinscore/ezdb.zip

Due to work on the server, step #3 failed. The update date displayed is the timestamp on "ezdb.zip". We display the date from the last step in the process in case something prevents all steps from running. The problem has been fixed.

As to backup - the on-line classificaiotn data is just a snapshot of he database at Sedro, and is replaced each time there is an update. HQ maintains backups of its database both on-site and off-site. If there is a problem with your data, contact USPSA HQ and they will investigate.

I wasn't trying to solve the problem here... :) I just wanted to see if I was the only one who had one missing. My email to HQ included the classifier number, club, classifier number, and date shot. I tried to find the original score sheet, but I think I file 13'd it after I saw it show up online correctly the first time.

Thanks... :)