Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Do You Lube Your Open Gun?

Flyin40

Oil and the rails, grease on the barrel and lugs. This came from my Smith. I clean it before every match and reapply.

What all does everyone use?

Anyone ever use the polymer safe degreaser??? How do you like it/?

Flyin40

I carry around a small bucket full of rem oil. If I feel like it needs some lube, I just dunk it in there. :lol:

I thought Cylinder and Slide made "Dunk It"???? That bucket comes in handy to sit on too huh "Nubs" :blink::blink:

Flyin40

Keen,

What seperates avg from greatness?????

Someone once ask me that. Do ya remember the answer???

LOL, just messing with ya

Any date yet on the stud gun???

Edited by Flyin40

What seperates avg from greatness?????

hmmmm .............. 1 MIKE!

No date ....... heck I havent even seen a frame yet! :o

But that's not even on the menu for this season !!!

You will have to wait until next year to kick my Master A$$, because I predict that after I

get my open gun running I will make M within 6 months. FLAT! :ph34r:

:ph34r: / THREAD DRIFT :ph34r:

:lol:

I did this on purpose, I wanted it to drift once Keen started talking about lubing anything. I didn't want his mind to wonder then start typing that crazy stuff on here. :ph34r::lol::lol::lol:

Flyin40

I lube my Open gun in my office.... d'oh... :lol:

I use SG Lite for basically everything that makes sliding/mating contact in the gun (rails, barrel lockup area of barrel and slide, hybrid cut, lugs, link, ramp cut area, recoil spring and plug, guide rod, bushing in the L-10 gun). If it's cold out, I'll cut it slightly with some Slick-50/10w-30 mix I've got as the standard "oil" in my gun.

When fresh, the extra Glide squeezes out - and gets all over my C-More lens... heh heh... After a hundred rounds or so, though, it doesn't spit much at all. And it stays put, as advertised.

For other parts - the internals, and whatnot - I use the oil mix liberally on just about everything. The stuff inside the mainspring housing gets a lithium based grease. The sear and hammer mating surfaces get JP Trigger Prep (moly based compound).

I do general cleaning every 500-1000 rounds - just wipe off the old lube and carbon fouling, and relube, basically. Every other time or so I do a complete detail strip, and clean the barrel, etc...

Everywhere it needs it , of course

All the places stated above. Also the gun "talks" to you if you pay attention. The wear/scuff marks show where to lube or where you didn't. :o

Sub 2 lb trigger and lack of deep cleaning can spell trouble.

Edited by BSeevers

Anyplace where metal rubs against metal gets lubed.

When I got my used Open gun I asked Matt Burkett, "where should I lubricant my gun"? His reply "anywhere it is shiny".