Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

15% Or Higher Scores

Rising Sight

I have been getting my classifier scores thrown out lately because they have been more than 15% above the class that I'm in. I'm a D class shooter and my most recent scores are 78%,72% and a 55%. I called the USPSA and was told that they would be thrown out by the computer when they get calculated.

I'm hoping to move up a class or two before shooting my first "Area Match", but the way it looks now I'll probably still be in D class for the match. Has anybody else had any experience with this problem?

Classifications can be "adjusted" up as well as down. Contact your club representative,

section coordinator, and area director. They should help you petition USPSA to adjust

your classification.

The " to high" scores get kicked by the computer.... used to be if you call USPSA and tell them to include them due to your rapid improvement, they will. Now, they won't inlcude the "to low" scores if you ask though ;)

There's one corner case - which I got banged with. If you're unclassified, and one of the first four classifiers you shoot is way low, you're stuck with it. There's nothing to judge it against, so nothing is too low or too high when you're unclassified. So, I'm shooting A class classifier scores, but have a 4% classifier run affecting my percentage, right now :D

The match coordinators will have to send in a petition for them to count my highest scores. I have contacted the match coordinators at these matches and asked them to send in a petition for me.

I set a goal of being in B class before the Area Match. I feel confident that I can hit this goal if these classifiers get counted.

You might get sandbagger money at the Area match if they don't catch you up. If you win high D and feel guilty despite all your best efforts to have HQ correct your classification you can salve your conscious by either consuming vast quantities of adult beverages after the match or donating the $ to the Junior program.... :D

Just be careful what you wish for..... I'd rather wish to be "competitive in the class of B", rather than be a "B class" shooter as a goal...... I know its semantics, but oh how true. <_<

I would hate for anyone to have a goal as "competitive in the class of B." It's not that big of a goal. If you are competitive in B class you should be in A class.

I can't speak for Perry, but I think he'll go much higher than B if he keeps working on it and can get his scores to count.

I would hate for anyone to have a goal as "competitive in the class of B." It's not that big of a goal. If you are competitive in B class you should be in A class.

Too Right.

Jeez guys, Rising Sight has a D card and the computer is throwing out his scores because they are way more than 15% above his class. Sounds like he is doing just fine with his goal setting. :)

(Goal setting note. Try posting a goal to beat Jake in a man-on-man El Prez at the Area match)

The match coordinators will have to send in a petition for them to count my highest scores. I have contacted the match coordinators at these matches and asked them to send in a petition for me.

I set a goal of being in B class before the Area Match. I feel confident that I can hit this goal if these classifiers get counted.

All I had to do was send USPSA an email personally, and they included mine. You have to send it to classification@uspsa.org

I had scores more than 15% above my class and they have always counted them. If your showing an upward trend the score can be counted. I never had to call and ask them to count a score. I was in C class and I shot M class classifiers and they were counted.

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40

I called the USPSA today and asked them how many scores higher than 15% I need to shoot before they started counting them.

The match coordinator beat me to it though. They already had an

e-mail from him saying that my scores were legitimate. All of my recent classifiers are going to be counted this month. It looks like I should have a new card in the mail soon.