Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Jp Rifle

PistolPete

Well my JP Rifle arrived today and I'm obviously excited. It is the CTR-02 receiver with the SS low mass carrier, 18" 1:8" twist, Bennie Coolie comp, SoCom adj. stock, heat sink etc. You'll notice that there isn't any sights on the gun. This is only because the scope mount and tactical sight were on back order but will be shipped out tomorrow. It will have the scope on top with the short range tactical sight on the side. I'll post some new pics when the mounts arrive. I can't wait to shoot this gun and I must say it is an absolute work of art. The trigger is so crisp and breaks at 3.5#.

My pictures don't do this gun any justice....

Pete

JpRifle-01.jpg

JpRifle-02.jpg

With scope and tactical sight:

Riflenew002.jpg

Edited by PistolPete

Nice rifle, but why haven't you sent in your registration for the Area 7 3 Gun Yet?

UMMMM.... Because I don't have any sights to line my rifle up with... HEHE

I should prob. get that in this week before all the slots are full....

Pete

Nice rifle, but why haven't you sent in your registration for the Area 7 3 Gun Yet?

UMMMM.... Because I don't have any sights to line my rifle up with... HEHE

I should prob. get that in this week before all the slots are full....

Pete

There are slots left for Area7 in Rochester too. Might as well get both out this week.

I'll see you guys at Bass River.

When's the shotgun showing up???

I got the shotgun about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Only had a chance to shoot it once so far.

Are you going to Bass River this week end?

Unfortunately I won't be there this weekend because of my wifes birthday. She turns the big 30 so I can't miss the party or I'll be divorced... :blink:

Now I just have to figure out how to shoot a rifle... LOL

Can't wait to test her out. I may even shoot it this weekend without sights. We shall see...

Pete

Thanks for all the kind words. I can't wait to shoot this thing. I'll prob. try it out tomorrow without the sights. Just do some close range shooting.

I can't recommend using JP enough. I called them up and told them I didn't know much about rifles. I explained what I was going to use it for and that I lived in the North East. He spent time with me and gave me a few options. When I was ready to order I called him back told him what I wanted and he went to work. I even changed my mind about one option on the rifle 1/2 way thru the build and he said no problem and made the change. They were great to deal with and do such great work. I'll give a full range report when I shoot it.

Pete, which shotgun did you get. I remember the queries as to the JP Remington, or a Benelli. Middle Age Moment is blocking the answer

I ended up getting a Benelli M1. Seems to be a great gun. I just need to get used to the gun kicking the crap out of me... LOL

Pete

Edited by PistolPete

I ended up getting a Benelli M1. Seems to be a great gun. I just need to get used to the gun kicking the crap out of me... LOL

Pete

In another life I used to port the Benelli's and add a mercury suppressor in the stock. This was when the M1 was the only thing available. Also, there were no different classes for shotguns....you run what you brung. If you're going to shoot tactical, you're kinda screwed. Ammo selection will go a long way for managing recoil. I don't know if lightening the bolt will help you. Talk to Benny Hill, he seems to be the Benelli Man.

Good luck with the new toys. Hopefull will run into you at some matches here in New England.

Dan,

Since you no longer use an M1 what are you shooting? Did you not like the M1? It may be something I switch in the future but for right now it seems great. Time will tell though.

Pete

Pete,

I never owned a Benelli. I used to be a a gun plumber, hence "in another life" :) I shoot a Wincester Super X model 1. Production of these were stopped in the mid 80's I think Typical of Winchesters in days gone by, it was all machined, the bolt rides in slots in the reciever, not on sheet metal rails. They are smooth shooting, have a faster cycle speed than a Remington. But, they are heavier than other autos now out there. The trigger group is also all machined. The carrier release is a button on the side, like the Browning Gold, Super X2, and Benelli. The only drawback, is the button must be pushed to release the carrier for loading. Practice helps overcome this minor drawback.

• 3 weeks later...