Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well I Made Friends This Weekend

I am trying to get a USPSA club up and going. Most of the shooting is stand and punch holes in paper at the club. There is an idpa club and a cowboy club onsite though.

I set up 5 stages. I try to keep some close to IDPA type to ease the transition, One invovled stage and one good field run.

I had one stage setup that had 25 yard shots on clear tgts. Ohhh the howling when they saw it in the setup phase and Ohhh the lamenting when it came time to shoot it.

I told them that this is a practical distance that needs to be practiced. They scoffed and I told them I practiced group shooting at 50 as part of my routine. Wel I was able to make 15.00 in side bets before they clued in LOL!

I will not tell you of the cowboy 45LC load that was bouncing off Pins in the bowling Pin match I setup for the club :)

• 1 month later...

I recall one stage where there were four IPSC targets to engage, then four PP and three small poppers at 50 yards. One guy blew three magazines through his open gun. I managed to slowly hit the steels with no misses, and beat a senior GM on that stage.

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome job, Standles. Keep 'em interested, and lead 'em by the hand, until you can really setup some awseome field courses.

PS Make all your side bets now, before they come to realize you can put your money where your mouth is! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

What happened to the club that used to shoot at Hurlburt Field? I think it was the North West Florida Practical Shooters, but that was early 90's and I've slept since then. It first shot at the FOP range but the animal shelter nearby compained to the city and they lost the range. The city took the property back and then realized they had to clean the lead and tires up. The berms were tires buried in sand about 20 feet tall.

Niceville is just east of Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola.