Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tennessee Section Match 2006

Memphis this year?..........Yep :)

August 25-27?..................Yep(If that is the last weekend in August) <_<

Nice Range?.....................Yep :rolleyes:

Fun Match?.......................Yep(If not it is your fault for taking this game WAY too seriously) ;)

HOT ?..............................OF COURSE!!!!! :angry:

MISS IT?.........................I don't advise that. ;):huh:

See you there?................YEP! B)

Hopalong

Thanks Sam. Luckily Memphis is about the same distance from Mobile as Nashville. It may be too soon to ask but do you know if they are planning on having a prize table this year. The previous section matches have had some really nice prize tables.

man, you guys are ancy.

yes what sam said, true. we will have 10 stages at least. prize tabel will be handled by berry caddell, so it will be as good as the past years in nashville.

i'm the range master. he he. bill grewe is the match director. we'll have the entry form and details posted soon.

i hope to keep up the standards that berry, lance and all the folks in nashville have set.

more to follow.

lynn

Edited by lynn jones

Range at memphis is great! :) , shot the springfield challenge their a few years ago, lived in memphis for years. Yea it's one of the hottest places this side of the sun, But at least maybe this year it won't rain (sorry lance). Any thing you want to do is in the memphis area, gambling one hour south, everything from blues-country-rock are all in memphis, and some of the best scenic views and clubs this side of heaven. Am I pushing memphis?, well I'm going as everyone else should be, only 2 hrs. further to memphis, lynn you've got some big shoes to fill, lance has put three great matchs, so maybe it's time for him to enjoy one instead of the headaches, see ya! :D:D

I know it's a little early but I was just trying to plan a late summer vacation to North Carolina and didn't want it to interfere with this match.

I'm sure you'll do a great job Lynn. See ya there.

• 1 month later...

Lynn and Hop (Anybody):

I have heard very nice things about this match...BUT...$135 for a sectional is EXTEMEMLY steep. Considering that most Area matches are $100-$125 and have the same, if not more stages and prizes available in dollar figures. I can attend two (on rare occasions three) sectionals for a match fee this size (each match with 7-10 stages). Please sell me on this, as I am having a hard time justifying it regardless of the prize table. The stage count is nice at 10, but it still seems quite high to me. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Now putting on flame-retardant suit. :ph34r:

Lynn and Hop (Anybody):

I have heard very nice things about this match...BUT...$135 for a sectional is EXTEMEMLY steep. Considering that most Area matches are $100-$125 and have the same, if not more stages and prizes available in dollar figures. I can attend two (on rare occasions three) sectionals for a match fee this size (each match with 7-10 stages). Please sell me on this, as I am having a hard time justifying it regardless of the prize table. The stage count is nice at 10, but it still seems quite high to me. :rolleyes:

Jeff

hey jeff,

the match hasn't been in memphis for 3 year and there are some extra expenses for us this year. plus, berry put a prize table together last year that was around $36K. since berry is the prize table coordinator again this year, i'm sure it will be just as good.

btw, the fee is only $10 more than last year.

lynn

Lynn and Hop (Anybody):

Jeff

hey jeff,

the match hasn't been in memphis for 3 year and there are some extra expenses for us this year. plus, berry put a prize table together last year that was around $36K. since berry is the prize table coordinator again this year, i'm sure it will be just as good.

lynn

I'll throw on another $10.00 if all the stages are revolver neutral/possible.... :lol:

Lynn and Hop (Anybody):

Jeff

hey jeff,

lynn

Thanks for the quick response Lynn. I understand that there are certain hard costs that cannot be avoided (ie range rental), I was just inquiring, as it seems that match costs keep going up and up, and there is a breaking point. For me, specifically, I am shooting 10 majors, and I have to select carefully how I spend my match fee allocation, especially when travelling far and dealing with hotel costs. Hop said this was a great match, and that I should try to attend. I have heard about the excellent prize tables at this event as well. Out of curiousity, are you going to be a level III tournament??? Just wondering if nationals slots will be at stake if we get 20 revo guys down there. I'll echo Waltermitty's sentiments...make it 6-round freindly (or at least 6-round tolerant). :P

Cheers,

Jeff

Hey Hoppy, I can see another 20+ revolver shooters at this match if they will give us a little help by making some of the stages 6 round neutral, hey we can stand another 3 guys going to the nationals. Come on wheelgunners, gear up, send pm's to your buds and let's git er dun!! B)

Edited by encoreman

Lynn and Hop (Anybody):

Jeff

Pass three years, anything I've won on the prize table has been worth more than the entry fee, and hotel rooms were cheap in dickson, memphis is a little more, but a lot more to do in memphis also. drop the extra quarter and come one down, it's reallya great range and not that far from the interstate, arlinton, or memphis :)

Hey Hoppy, I can see another 20+ revolver shooters at this match if they will give us a little help by making some of the stages 6 round neutral, hey we can stand another 3 guys going to the nationals. Come on wheelgunners, gear up, send pm's to your buds and let's git er dun!! B)

as it stands now, there are 7 stages completed, 5 of which are revolver neutral. the other 2 are not, one's a classifier (8 rounds) and the other will challenge autos and revolvers.

lynn

p.s. this will be a level 2 match.

p.s.s. hopalong is designing another stage, so put the pressure on him.

Edited by lynn jones