Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Cart All Your 3 Gun Gear Around?

I have a nifty little cart that Al Austen used to make and sell here in the Columbia-Cascade Section. I won it in a raffle at the end of my very first 3Gun match. It has pneumatic tires, a rubbermaid actionpacker bolted to it, an umbrella riser, and equipment to strap a shotgun and rifle vertically.

Its a pretty nice rig, think I will dig it out tonight and post a pic for you guys.

I use a welding tank cart from Harbor Freight, it has 20" bicycle tires, mounted

plywood on bottom, bolted a large cooler to store gear in, and use as a seat.

Total cost $100.00

part of the equation is the distance traveled and method used to travel to a match.

The Wagons, Welding Carts and other large wheeled devices work well if you travel in a vehicle to a nearby match or with only a couple people to a farther away site. If you are planning on flying, a garden wagoin MIGHT be a little much.

The babycart conversions SEEM to answer this problem fairly well and IF I am correct, they can even be called a "LUGGAGE CART" and gate checked. :)

Jim Norman

My first 3 Gun wagon was a Lowes yellow garden cart with a gun rack, Worked okay but could still be a dog on hilly terrain loaded down. Since I'm an official super senior and a bit of a tinkerer, I looked for something a little different. What I was looking for was something motorized (wheel chair/robot motors) that would go on rough terrain, that would carry at least two long guns of different lengths and preferably upright, that would carry several boxes of shotgun/rifle/pistol ammo, have room for a pistol in a rug, and a water bottle. Went through a lot of options, none too cheap, but I finally settled on a remote golf cart that I modified to meet my specs. It does all I wanted plus it also has a remote so I can "call Fido" forward if I really wanted to. The remote has a forward, backward, and left and right turns. I know this is a little overboard but it was fun putting together. A picture with my shotgun and AR on the cart is at: Tristate Gun Club - USPSA Page

Nice touch on the umbrella riser, helps a lot during summer. Check this out...

DSCN4887.jpg

I think this was taken by George at the 2005 Multigun Nats. Two of the four are Rugged Gear carts, can you tell which one is not :)

Well here's the picture of the one that's not without the wheels.

IMG_2004.jpg

With shock absorbers and cargo nets at the back for all kinds of gears. I used a couple of All Rite's Pack Rack Plus to hold the guns. You can get a good deal on a used jogger on ebay or garage sales.

Dodge Ram, standard cab w/ a Cummins diesel and 5 speed. If that don't work or can't be parked near by, A pair of Nike hiking shoes and some BlackHawk gear. :lol: