Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battlestar Galactica Finale

RayKu

Help anyone. My DVR did not record the very end of the season two finale. It cuts off right where the blond cylon tells baltar that she knows who he is. What happens next?

Thanks in advance

Help anyone. My DVR did not record the very end of the season two finale. It cuts off right where the blond cylon tells baltar that she knows who he is. What happens next?

Thanks in advance

Basicly Baltar surrenders to the Cylons. Mine cut off a minute after 11:30pm. I always set the TIVO to start a minute early and end a minute late and I missed the last 30 seconds to a minute.

Fraken show either started late or ran long. It's rebroad cast Monday night. Set the dvr for an extra 5 minutes.

Come on over to AR15.com, we're on our 5th thread for BSG.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=443629

At the very end when the toasters are marching in like the Germans in (pick the country of your choice in continental Europe) between 1938-40, the chief to Starbuck:

"Captain, what do we do now?"

"What we always do: we fight until we can't fight anymore...."

So does anyone else think the writers botched the last half hour? Or perhaps it was the director's handling of the scenes. At any rate I was rather let down. I thought a few characters weren't behaving as they normally would given the circumstances. Starbuck, a career military, kick butt, she-warrior gives it up to be a haus-frau? The XO's spoiled wife thinks life on the planet (basically camping) is a good idea? Adama doesn't do end runs around Baltar? He agrees to scale back the military to nothing releasing the ranks leaving what's left of the human race unguarded? Uh...right <_<

Thanks everyone for filling in the gap. The last half hour did seem a little out of character, but I think it makes for great story lines going forward. As for Starbuck, how many kick ass men and women do we know that have a change in personality when they are PW (oops fall in love)?

So does anyone else think the writers botched the last half hour? Or perhaps it was the director's handling of the scenes. At any rate I was rather let down. I thought a few characters weren't behaving as they normally would given the circumstances. Starbuck, a career military, kick butt, she-warrior gives it up to be a haus-frau? The XO's spoiled wife thinks life on the planet (basically camping) is a good idea? Adama doesn't do end runs around Baltar? He agrees to scale back the military to nothing releasing the ranks leaving what's left of the human race unguarded? Uh...right <_<

How about the big hug Starbuck gives Tigh in the shantytown when she sees him? Like they were best buds or something.

And what's up with the tents? A year on the planet and that's the best they can do?

That half hour was poorly done.

I was kind of thrown of by the "1 year later...." tag at the begining of the last 30 minutes..... you mean there wasn't anything worth writing about for a year, with a new president, and the colonization of a planet (and obvious de-militarization of the fleet) ?

Maybe someone will "wake up" next episode 1 next season, and it will all have been a dream :P

They do that, and the viewers will leave in droves. As for going to the planet, after psending nine months basically cooped up in an airliner/cruise ship, what would you give to get planetside?

As for the living conditions, we saw just how good an administrator Baltar was: he has floozies, while people live in tents and the Union is going on strike. Somebody needs to cap him.

I was kind of thrown of by the "1 year later...." tag at the begining of the last 30 minutes..... you mean there wasn't anything worth writing about for a year, with a new president, and the colonization of a planet (and obvious de-militarization of the fleet) ?

Maybe someone will "wake up" next episode 1 next season, and it will all have been a dream :P

Starbuck is going to wake up and find Bobby in the shower?

;)

Well, actually, yes, "right". Adm. Adama is currently having a fit of "Rule of Law", which is why he convinced President Roslin to not steal the election from Baltar, unlike (yes, I know) the end of last season when Roslin was cooling her jets in Galatica's brig and he was getting double-tapped on the bridge. So under the rule of law, Baltar is the commander in chief and the military has to do what (so gag us all) Baltar wants.

Did it escape anyone's notice that the copies of "six" and "eight" were the same two who were featured in the "Downloaded" episode, and they were the ones who (six) shielded Baltar from the blast wave in the mini-series and (eight) double-tapped Adama, respectively?

Unless someone saw differently (did you?), they'll probably start back up with Season 3.0 in mid-July and run through the end of Sept and Season 3.1 next Janaury. SciFi seems to run its Friday night series in that pattern and has been doing so for a few years now.

Well, actually, yes, "right". Adm. Adama is currently having a fit of "Rule of Law", which is why he convinced President Roslin to not steal the election from Baltar, unlike (yes, I know) the end of last season when Roslin was cooling her jets in Galatica's brig and he was getting double-tapped on the bridge. So under the rule of law, Baltar is the commander in chief and the military has to do what (so gag us all) Baltar wants.

Did it escape anyone's notice that the copies of "six" and "eight" were the same two who were featured in the "Downloaded" episode, and they were the ones who (six) shielded Baltar from the blast wave in the mini-series and (eight) double-tapped Adama, respectively?

Unless someone saw differently (did you?), they'll probably start back up with Season 3.0 in mid-July and run through the end of Sept and Season 3.1 next Janaury. SciFi seems to run its Friday night series in that pattern and has been doing so for a few years now.

glacticastation.com is reporting that the new season, season 3.0, starts in October, not July. Sorry. Sucks, doesn't it? :blink:

It definitely appeared to be Caprica 6 (the one that had Baltar in her head), but I'm not sure if it was Galactica 8 (the one that shot Adama)... it seems if it were that 8, we would have seen a bit more of her interacting with someone (like the chief).

And, yeah, the characterizations seemed way off to me, too.

AFA when the shows return, a commercial at the end of Atlantis said SG-1 and Atlantis in July and a commercial at the end of BSG said it'd return in October.

Edited by 300lbGorilla

Hah.... well, okay. October. It's still better than having to wait the two years that HBO drags us through between seasons of the Sopranos!

Oh, and I just listened to bits and pieces of the podcast director's commentary for this one, and Ronald Moore (exec. producer) said at the end that Season 3's timeline will pick up 5 years in the future from this episode when the toasters marched in.

The show has yet to disapoint me, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt..... til proven otherwise next season.

But a 1 year, and then a 5 year jump in timeline?

Sure sounds like jumping the shark to me. ;)

I guess the writers got tired of the tried and true "running from the Cylons" plot and wanted to do something ....... different. <_<

I got the impression that Baltar got fat, dumb, and happy, and the rest of the people followed. They thought they were safe, so they relaxed and neglected the military. When Adama was walking through the ship, the light was flickering. I don't think that would have been tolerated when they felt the threat was real. The patrols were stripped to skeleton crews. So Baltar may have started the process, but everyone shares the blame for what's to come.

Not the best episode, but not totally incomprehensible, either.

What I'm pleased about with this iteration of the show (v. late 70's) is that they didn't come up with an excuse to immediately get rid of the Pegasus; they kept her this time. I think we saw in Resurrection Ship Pt. 2 that 2 battlestars can effectively take apart a cylon basestar so even with 4 basestars at Caprica II, I don't see why it would take 5 years to start a campaign of hit-and-run attacks, i.e., jump in both battlestars, whail on the nearest basestar for 5 minutes, jump back out, reload, repair, repeat as necessary. Oh well, it's TV....

Did everyone notice that the whole fleet jumped out, not just the Galatica and the Pegasus. That means that regardless of how fat and happy they had gotten, every ship had a watch crew on board and the engines in a state to spool up pretty quickly.

And the other thing that occurs to me is that the 70s show likely ended, in part, because the whole running from the cylons through space thing got old. I'd think that one could milk five years of enslavement by the cylons for a pretty good revolutionary jumping off point.....

And it gives the cylon kid a chance to grow up a little --- nature or nurture anyone?

This might be a bold move.....

....or not.....

Forgot about the human/cylon hybrid. Thats EXACTLY why they will fast forward 5 years (if they do), so they can develop that plotline, in "soap opera time" ........ with a walking talking kid, rather than a baby. hmmm.

Can't say the people on the planet will be very happy about things though.... guessing Starbuck's love interest probably dead from pneumonia, further fueling her anger and aggression.... everyone very bitter about being abandoned by the fleet, and left as Cylon slaves for 5 years.... Baltar (and maybe a certain weak willed Col., and his wife?) being viewed as Cylon collaborators, could be very interesting.

There are still quite a few plot-line/story-line places this series could go... still a lot of curiously unfinished business in many directions. It's going to be a loooong wait for THIS Battlestar fan until fall. :wacko: