Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Soon?

JD45

As a new UNCLASSIFIED member you would shoot as Unclassified as stated earlier.

And as Jake said you would get that MAJOR match experience that is all in its own....NOTHING LIKE IT!!!!

AND you would shoot for overall winner in whatever particular division you shoot in....Yes unless you are a GM quality shooter and just have not gotten classified in that particular division you are shooting for that T-shirt.....Unless you go to A-6 then you are shooting for the Polo shirt. ;)

If you go....Just enjoy the experience :)

Hopalong

So, what you are saying is no matter how well you shoot, all you are going to take home is that $150 T-shirt?

If you're shooting for the "stuff," get out now. :) Seriously with the classification system, the winner of any given class most generally should be classified in the next highest class, and the random prize table approach doesn't reward shooting performance, but is a support the masses approach. Both are fine by me because I just love to shoot, and plaques/trophies have little value to me anymore. Just beware, have fun! :D

So, what you are saying is no matter how well you shoot, all you are going to take home is that $150 T-shirt?

That really depends on the match and on how they distribute prizes (if any).

Some matches distribute straight down from the top...according to match finish.

I went to the 2005 Area 2 Match as a "U" and it was about my 10th USPSA match I had ever shot. I would have liked to be classsified but it didn't work out. I felt like a bit of a sandbagger when my squad mates asked what class I was since I was shooting at a "B" level most of the time. When I told them I was "U" I got some rolled eyes.

It was an awesome experience and I learned a lot.

I took high overall "U" in Limited (big whoop I know) but since you went to the Limited prize table in order of finish I went 63rd out of 130 or so shooters and got some good stuff.

Neal in AZ

hopalong and the rest said it all, you get the match experience which is pricless. Drive on over here to Mississippi and shoot the 2006 MS Classic. You will get a good experience, a chance at a trophy, (We usually have a High Unclassified depending on the number of shooters in a division) and we do the prized table as a raffle with everyone getting an equal shot at the goodies. Hope to see you here in May. (Especially if you shoot a Revolver.) :D:D:D