Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Found A Para Todd Jarret .40 Limited 2 Mags For $900 Should I?

Coveyrise

Hello All,

I found a LNIB Para Todd Jarrett .40 Limited gun for $900 with 2 mags. I was thinking about shooting some IPSC Limited, right now I just shoot single stack 1911's in IDPA. I thought this would be cheaper way into limited and still have a pretty competetive gun. Anyone here shoot this gun, and does it run decent, I'm a pretty good amateur smith, built an ar, fixed stuff, swap parts, adust extractors.

Thank you in advance.

The price sounds a little high. Usesed with only 2 mags I think even in excelent condition I wouldn't pay more than $750.

On the other hand I have a p14 ltd that I use to shoot steel and I have been verry happy with it. I have had it for several years and have put over 20,000 rounds through it with very few problems. The gun is still stock including the plastic mag release everyone tells me will fall appart.

I thought Bud's carried these but they are current sold out and they had the best prices. I thought they were about $1200. Here is a link for a little more money: http://www.impactguns.com/store/SS-18982.html.

Since this gun can't be that old $900 sounds like a damn good deal to me. Someone else who actually owns one will probably pipe up soon enough and give you the straight scoop. You could also look at the USPSA classified adds and the adds on this forum for a used STI Edge. The Jarrett model does look like a nice offering, have fun shopping.

Rick

Buy it. There is no way that someone used up +/- $400 of that gun. I myself like the S_I feel better, but there is nothing you can't do in Limited with that gun.

They retail for $1300 around these parts. The trigger is good, already has good sights, and the Dawson magwell.

I agree, an outstanding deal. That gun was just recently released, so it's not going to be burned up unless you're getting it from Todd Jarrett himself.

There are a lot of benefits to steel frams, and that gun will outshoot you for a long time. As I always say, buy it, shoot it into a pile of shavings, and then you'll know what you really want in a limited gun.

I seem to remember there being some other, previous guns marketed as "Jarrett" models. One was an LDA, I think? Also, Dave Dawson had a Jarrett model he was selling called the "Dawson Jarrett". It was a P-16 Limited worked over and tuned by Dave. *If this is one of the Dawson-tuned units, for $900 with 2 mags (full capacity, I hope) might be a very good deal, depending on condition.

Zach, do you have a model # (i.e., # SX1640J, which is the new "Todd Jarrett USPSA" model), or pictures of the gun? Do you know for sure if it's a single- or double-action?

Honestly, for $900.00, I think that may not be one of the "new-and-improved-'cause-everything-else-is-now-old-and-cruddy" TJ USPSA models.

Best deals I've seen on one is just shy of $1,300.00. Once they've been in circulation for a while I hope we see those come down in price (at least in the Used market).

...Mark

Judging by the trigger, the style of the cocking serration cuts, the sights, and most importantly the USPSA logo just in front of the ejection port in the top picture, I'd say it one of the new Todd Jarrett USPSA Limited Edition .40's.

Have they got any more at that price? :)

I like Paras. But the TJ Special sure isn't worth the $1,699 MSRP. Apparently the market agrees if this one's sitting there at $900. Not a bad deal at that price, I suppose....

My own solution? I bought an Armscor 9mm widebody for $389, built a new top-end in .40 (w/Kart barrel), gave it a trigger job and a Dawson magwell, and put Dawson base pads on a few Para mags for each caliber. It runs great! I like being able to pop the slide stop and switch it to 9mm (which takes about 20 seconds) for steel matches, then switch it back to .40 for USPSA.

armscor5.jpg

New designs always take some time to work the quirks out, but I find that kind of stuff fun to figure out on usedso it doesnt bother me. Now if I bought a brand new one for $1300.00 I would want to work flawlessy out of the box and would send it back or have them send me a free part and tell me what do to.

New designs always take some time to work the quirks out, but I find that kind of stuff fun to figure out on usedso it doesnt bother me. Now if I bought a brand new one for $1300.00 I would want to work flawlessy out of the box and would send it back or have them send me a free part and tell me what do to.

I have heard about guns that run flawlessly out of the box....I think it is an Urban Legend! :D;)