Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Friends Die

chuckbradley

A True Friend with a good heart- David Frazier

I hate when friends Die

I hate I didnt realize how much of a friend he was until he was gone.

I hate I didnt realize how much he meant to my Wife and my 3 kids until he was gone.

I hate I didnt realize how much he meant to me until he was gone.

I hate I didnt appreciate how much he was there for us over the past 18 years.

I hate I didnt have the time or take the time to sit and talk with him more.

I hate that those times I did sit and talk with him about life, watching the clouds roll by, will be no more.

I hate he will not be there to see my kids who meant so much to him grow up.

I hate that he is gone.

I hate I cant go back and change some things.

I love that man.

Sorry but I had to write this, I cant say it, but I mean it.

Edited by chuckbradley

Thank you all.

We buried David today. He was a Veteran so they had the local American Legion post come do the 21 gun salute. It was a dificult day. David wasnt a prominate figure although he was an Icon in the community. HE was a farmer for a while then worked on a horse farm until he was kicked in the head by a horse. He was a poor man on disability. He was 58 years old.

He hung around our grocery store and was a part of our life just about everyday for the better part of 18 years. He didnt have grandkids so he treated my kids like they were his grandkids. Whats sad is he finally got grandkids last year and he wont get to see them grow up.

Whats really weird is I didnt expect to be effected by his death like I was. I suppose once I found out Sunday he died that morning i started thinking about his life. My wife started pulling out pictures of him and we talked about him. I got to the point I couldnt think about him or talk about him without getting choked up. I went to the funeral home last night and literally fell apart and stayed that way until I got back to work today after the funeral.

He was a special person who spent most his time writing about anything. The preacher read one of his writings today, what insight this man had for life. There will be a void in this community and in our lives that can never be filled. We will miss him.