Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Louisiana Gator Classic

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott,

I guess if James isn't going to swap, I'll have to pass........will go to the Single stack match in Nashville instead.......2 hrs driving vs. 11 or so. ;)

You are now off the hook, but why not shoot the 610 anyway?

SAM

Our Section Web Page is undergoing updates.

All Louisiana Gator Classic Match Information will also be available at this link:

RANGE PAGE

REMINDER!!!!!

September 9th is the Deadline for Early Registration.

This will not be extended and Late Entries will be charged the Late Registration Price.

THANKS to all of the many out of state shooters who have already registered.

I know that we've got people comming from as far as California, the East Coast, and Down in Florida.

We look forward to seeing you at the match.

I'll be adding a list of all Match & Stage Sponsors soon.

Smith & Wesson is our Main Match Sponsor.

Last year's prize table was worth over $20,000.00.

This year our goal is a prize table worth over $30,000.00. Which will include many guns.

Please don't hesistate to ask any question you might have.

LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC STAGES

Here They Are.

12 Stages and 356 Rounds. (I told you it would be HIGH Round Count.)

Here's the first 6!

Here's the Last 6!

A_DRIVE_BY.DOC

Bull_by_the_Horns.DOC

Camping.DOC

Clueless_Stage.DOC

Open_doors_X_2__stage.DOC

Open_Up.DOC

PAY_ATTENTION.DOC

Pop_Out_stage.DOC

Tarfuweb.DOC

Hand_to_Hand.pdf

UMPIRE_ST_BK.pdf

06_03_Can_You_Count.pdf

Just a little clarification.

The match registration list October 27, 28 & 29th as match dates.

The 27th will be the day for the RO Staff to shoot the match.

The 28th Saturday & 29th Sunday will be the days for all other competitiors to shoot.

Great to get so many out of state shooters registered!

Hi Ray,

I'm putting my app. in the mail today to beat the deadline. With my work lately it's still not guaranteed that I'll be there but I've got to try. Looks like some fun stages. I know things are always subject to last minute tweaks so these may not be the final stages but just FYI, some of them are a little high on the round count for a Level II.

See you in a few weeks.

John

Not sure on the Revolver #'s.

I'll check on that and get back to you.

Should be more than a handfull.

According to "Doc", who is apparently connected with this (he emailed me my confirmation), the count now is " 'bout a dozen". At least two from Louisiana - and one of them knows how to shoot. I'm the other one. :P

Gonna have big fun...

"Looks like some fun stages. I know things are always subject to last minute tweaks so these may not be the final stages but just FYI, some of them are a little high on the round count for a Level II."

John,

Our focus is giving shooters the Best Match Experience that we can possibly of produce as a team of Louisiana Shooters.

Our goal is for shooters to leave our match wanting to return.

One glance at our Prize table and that usually does it, but presenting a group of courses that offer a variety of shooting challenges, having an experienced high quality RO's, friendly staff, good food, great range layout, vendor displays, S&W gun to shoot on your down time, and a good time on the bayou, all make the Louisiana Gator Classic a match not to be missed.

USPSA Match Level is an afterthought.

We feel the quality of this match stands on its own merit.

P.S. - You Production guys better come with plenty of those 10 round mags, and revolver shooters might need lots of moon clips.

Edited by bayoupirate

As an official representative of the Gator Classic 2006, let me clear up a few things and answer some of the questions that have been posted.

Firstly, LGC 2006 is a LEVEL I match. We are not a section match, nor or we a state match. This is a privately run match that is sanctioned by the USPSA. We only qualify as LEVEL I match. The match speaks for itself. As Ray mentioned, we want a match that shooters will enjoy and will wish to return to in the future. Quality stages, high round count, friendly, fair and professional staff, warm hospitality and a generous prize table are what attracts shooters and will keep them coming. This match is as fine as you will find anywhere IPSC matches are held.

The rounds counts are not out of line with USPSA spec/recommendations for a LEVEL I. There are only 3 stages that slightly exceed Level II requirements and that could be remedied if we wished. But, we're a LEVEL I.

Secondly, there are over a dozen each REVOLVERS & PRODUCTION guns entered in the match, so far. I expect several more of each in the coming weeks. Please, sign up...we'd love to have you. Guaranteed you'll be back.

Thirdly, who really cares who shows up? This a good match and would be fun for anyone, regardless of the competition. This match will continue to grow and attract more shooters from more places around the country. We have shooters representing 14 states, so far. We would love to have all the "big name" shooters on the planet show up for this one, but we're content to grow at our own pace. "Build it.....they'll come." We plan to be around for a long time.

Fourthly, if you didn't hear it from me, it's just a rumor.

Thanks for your time and patience.

doc

Alright Doc! Show us the light!

Oh and welcome to the forums. You'll enjoy your time here. There are some great people hanging around.

Understand that half of what you read is written in humor and the other half is spent picking at someone. I don't seriously think anyone is giving the match a hard time, it just appears that way sometimes if you step into the middle of a conversation.

We'll all be there smilin' and soaking up the good times. See you at the match, the Gator that is. B)

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the welcome. I don't usually participate in forums or chat rooms/boards, etc. However, I feel it's necessary to get the right info out regarding the Gator Classic.

Any and all help and suggestions are welcome. We can use the help. Suggestions will be considered, if reasonable.

I know it's mostly all in fun and that's great. I don't take these things seriously. Like I mentioned, if someone wants to get involved, by all means, come along. We'd love to have them. The more heads the better.

We're looking forward to a good, solid match.

doc

AHhhh.... I've never been to a bad match in Louisiana, hot maybe, but good all the same. You guys are some shooting fools. I think there are more pistol matches per capita down there than anywhere else. As you know several of us Mississippi boys are on the way down for the Gator, see you there. B)

PS:Where do you buy those earphone covers? :huh:

Nice post "shooter dude".

I would also like to add that the LA website is up and running well. Stages for the Classic as well as local monthly matches are being posted. My wife and I are running the page and are doing our best to keep the info fresh and available. Soon all 4 IPSC clubs and hopefully ICORE will be posting monthly stage descriptions as well. Look for upcoming links, photos, and video clips as we develop our skills.

All can be accessed at www.lagator.org and please remember, we are volunteers and are doing our best in our free time.

Daniel

Ah, yes...the earphone covers.......well, those are very special and only available to certain individuals...... are you one of them?

Actually, Bill Klein's wife makes them. I managed to scrounge a pair. Great for keeping your ears dry when it's humid. Keeps 'em a little warmer in winter, too. I have encouraged her to make it an enterprise. She could probably do really well if she keeps up with the demand.

On the hotest days I wear custom plugs, though.

Hey, TN wheel gunner(s)......Level Schmevel!! I heard they're pretty lame shooters from up there. :o Do you actually think you could win something down here? Too chicken to shoot a lowly LEVEL I? meow, meow!! Too easy for you guys? :P Guess you won't be able to prove much since we won't be a LeveL III anytime soon. Was TN every really part of the South? They should lower the Mason Dixon line. Let 'em go freeze with the yanks.

doc

Ah, yes...the earphone covers.......well, those are very special and only available to certain individuals...... are you one of them?

I don't know if I'm special enough, we'll see. I'll have to ask Nancy myself. :unsure:

Hey, TN wheel gunner(s)......Level Schmevel!! I heard they're pretty lame shooters from up there. :o Do you actually think you could win something down here? Too chicken to shoot a lowly LEVEL I? meow, meow!! Too easy for you guys? :P Guess you won't be able to prove much since we won't be a LeveL III anytime soon. Was TN every really part of the South? They should lower the Mason Dixon line. Let 'em go freeze with the yanks.

doc

Well now, that should rile up the hilljacks nicely...or... it might get the yanks in an uproar. :o

doc

Hey Doc, you live entirely to close to me to start a war :blink:

Them fellas from up there might could be bigger than us.

Edited by scooterj

I ain't a-scared.....bring it on!! I'm tryin' to heat 'em up a bit. They'll get to hear about a good match and wish they'd been here.

The "Level" determination of a match has little to do with quality. I've been to lots of "big" matches over the years that boasted every "Level" and I have been disappointed some times, when in fact, the only "Level" they could boast was their level of self-importance.

One of the best, and most humble matches in my opinion, that I have been to was TX Limited when Homer Johnson ran it. A group of us went a coupla 3 years running. Don't know and didn't care what Level they declared. I haven't been since Homer went MIA but it was a great match back then. The only other absolutely fantastic match I've been to is Frank Garcia's Florida Open. It should be the model for all matches. Again, didn't know and didn't care about the Level.

Both of those matches are run right. They put the shooter first. They have good staff, solid RO's and great hospitality. Great prize tables, too, but I don't go there for that cuz I'm content to get my usual spent primers and Lyman reloading manual and other useless and redundant items.

I only hope the LA Gator Classic can measure up to those standards. I think it does and it will grow. Baby steps.....it will come.

Edited by shooter dude