Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Louisiana Gator Classic

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you mentioned that Scooter.

Just to let everyone know, We are having a match raffle.

Prizes include:

* a Smith & Wesson Performance Center Jerry M. 627 8-shot Revolver

(which he will place in your hands personally)

* a DPMS AR-15 Carbine "lite-16"

* a Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm

Tickets are $5 each or 5 tickets for $20.

Available now at our local matches and will be available at the match.

Edited by bayoupirate

DISCOUNT AIR FARES!!!!

Anyone thinking of flying in should check out this.

LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC AIRFARE

NEW ORLEANS Valid travel dates - Oct. 23-Nov. 4, 2006

Experience dependable, first-rate service and earn miles in OnePass®, Continental's award-winning frequent flyer program.

To enroll in OnePass®, log on to www.continental.com.

For discounts, call your travel professional or Continental's MeetingWorks at 800-468-7022. Outside of the United States, please call your local Continental Airlines Reservation Office.

Also you may book online at www.continental.com.

Enter your Z Code and Agreement Code in the Offer Code Box when searching for flights.

Z Code: ZUW7

Agreement Code: BS2Y5Q

Will there be a match pre-registration at the hotel? or can you post here what time is the shooter's meeting? or directions from the hotel to range., also, pls post the range address for mapquest info,,thanks

Shooting will likely start at 9am on Saturday. Shooters' meeting should be around 8:30 or 8:45. But we won't work out the schedule completely until we are sure of the number of shooters and squads. Check-in and packet pickup for the match can be done at the range anytime on Friday or starting at 7:30am Sat. at the range.

If you have any other questions regarding the match, please feel free to direct them to me.

Thanks.

doc

We would like to shoot 8 or 9 stages on Saturday, leaving 3 or 4 for Sunday. We should finish and have things ready to go for awards and eats between 12 & 1pm......we can work around an early flight schedule if necessary. That will be handled on an as-needed and individual basis. We'll do everything we can to accomodate those kinds of travelers.

Thanks Shooter Dude for joining in on the board.

Any of you who sent me questions earlier, it was Shooter Dude who I would consult for correct answers.

Looking forward to having everyone down for a great match.

There are some very good Local Events taking place this same weekend that might be of interest to everyone.

The Louisiana Gumbo Festival is taking place about 15 minutes away.

There'll be information on where and what there is to do locally in your packet at registration.

If you need any specific information, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again Shooter Dude!

We'll be making the 9 or 10 hour drive from the San Antonio/Wimberley area for some powder therapy.

Mud bugs are out of season :-( , but I'm sure we'll find some other fine cajun food to feast on.

See you there.

Bayou Pirate or Shooter Dude,

Is the fish fry on the Friday on for this year? My vacation was approved so it looks like

I will be shooting the 1911 division with my 9mm for the fun of it. Can't wait to be able to talk shooting sports for a change and not talk about guts, blood, ventilators and cardiac arrest. Going to leave the cell phone at home so the hospital can not find me.

Yeah, the fish fry will be on for Friday once the RO shooting is done.....can't give the exact time, but everyone is invited, including general shooters. Catfish & white beans!! "Friday Plate Lunch Special!"

BTW, we don't have any other entries for 1911 Division. You may wish to enter L-10 or Limited. Just a thought.

Since I have not shot a USPSA match in over a year and a half, I guess I will settle for being the comic relief on my squad because I sure will not be setting any stage records. Heck, I have to go and try to find my match ammo that I loaded 2 years ago

Doc, my registration is going in the mail as soon as payday comes around.