Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"people" Stealing And Dealing In Dogs For Research Purposes

Chills1994

I saw the HBO undercover documentary "Dealing Dogs" last night.

Here is a link:

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dealingdogs/index.html

When that opens up there is a video clip on the upper right you can click on.

What can I say???

That "kennel" was the canine equivalent to Auschwitz.

Hellish!?

Angry?

Sad! Definitely!

The people who gather up....I mean steal other people's pet dogs...and sell 'em to big kennels are called "bunchers".

One buncher was recorded on a hidden camera saying that he specifically comes up to the St. Louis, St. L. county, Olivette area to steal dogs. Then he drives 'em down to Mississippi to sell to the "kennel operator" who was the main focus of this documentary. These bunchers get 10 to 20 bucks "per head".

Per head? WTF? Like they were a herd of cattle.

If you have TiVo and love dogs/animals you need to record it and watch it the next time it comes on. Heck, even if you have an ol' fashioned VCR you need to record it.

My hat is off to the good folks who went undercover for this story, especially "Pete".

The other "people" on that show are just plain out and out white trash.

'Nuf said.

Chills

P.S. All the more reason to get your pets chipped.

I don't have HBO, can you describe how the steal them? They take them out of people's yards, break into their homes?

There have been various stories of people's dogs being stolen from their yards - typically folks that leave their dogs out (or leave a doggie door open for them) while they're away from the house. We keep our dogs kenneled inside when we're gone, and keep an eye on them when they're outside for this very purpose.

A quick death is too kind for those b******s. :angry:

I'm sure that kind of backwoods poor white trash has figured out all kinds of ways to steal dogs. Baiting them with food would be one way.

Bringing along a bitch in heat would be a sure fire way to lead any male dog out of a yard and/or get them close to the fence/gate.

Or how about just bringing a squeakey toy along?

Some neighborhoods you can just walk in and one dog in somebody's backyard starts barking, the other dogs in da 'hood start barking too. Making it real easy to locate 'em.

Or one of those high pitched dog whistles.

Some of these bunchers had Ryder rent a truck size vehicles they were transporting their dogs in. So, 60 plus dogs in one trip is possible. The kennel operator had a semi-tractor trailer full of dogs.

I wouldn't put breaking and entering someone's home for their dog(s) past them either.

It might be just a coincidence, but the one "guy" specifically mentioned the St. Louis area. Well, Bum $%$% Missouri is known for having meth labs. I wouldn't be surprised if the same people making

/ dealing /ingesting meth are the same people stealing and dealing dogs.

Seems like meth labs always have some pit bulls around.

Or at least they are cut from the same white trash cloth. Ya know, kinda of a birds of a feather flock together thing.

Thanks for chiming in Derek. I know you were just joking, but the "chips" are no bigger than a grain of rice. They are planted under the dog or cat's skin, usually between the shoulder blades, with a syringe type device. Any pain involved is over pretty quickly.

(Just don't try to stick one in my hand or forehead! Dagnabit! LOL!)

The "chip''s" magnetic code can be scanned by a special type of wand. This wand displays a number. The number can then be typed into different databases that the chip makers maintain. Of course, there is small fee for getting the dog chipped and maybe even to keep its number maintained in the database, but consider it an ounce of prevention, insurance sorta thing.

Anyhoo...I know there are some dog lovers on this forum. I hope this raises the awareness of this issue and some folks pass this along and/or get more active.

Okay, Okay...Really...I hope some folks get as %^$$#% off about it as I am.

Supplying the demand for research labs, IMNSHO, is one reason why some breeds have been so dumbed down. Beagles are a good size for the crates at labs. It might also explain why some cocker spaniels behave the way they do and their health conditions.

With respect to what XRe said....

Mnn... err....I won't even go there.

Chills

Edited by Chills1994

Dog chips are great. My little buddy got out once without his clothes on, so there would be no way other than the chip that could identify him if he were arrested and had to be bailed out. Fortunately, he came back on his own but I was definitely less worried knowing that the dogcatcher would be able to figure out who he was and where his home was even without the collar. I paid about $35 for the chip w/installation when I took him for his rabies shot, and another $14 or so to register the contact information. I had the vet demo the scanner on a subsequent visit - they hold a box which looks vauely like a Fluke multimeter over the dog and his serial number pops up.

Very sad. Our little ones spend the day inside while we're gone and I keep an eye on them when they're outside playing. We got ours "chipped" last year. Man, if somebody were to hurt or kidnap one of our dogs, they better hope the police catch them before I do. :angry:

Today is our youngest doggy's birthday! She's 3!

P7300011_tn.jpg

If there is such a thing as eternal justice, the people who perpetrate such evil should have to suffer the agony and sadness felt by the animal's owners...especially the children who lost a pet. It's disheartening that humanity can sink to such levels of inhumanity.

Man, if somebody were to hurt or kidnap one of our dogs, they better hope the police catch them before I do.

+1

+1 more.

This would be a prime way for some miscreant to find out that dogs are a lot less mean than humans.

Will human intestines hold the weight of a hanging live body ?

My dogs are chipped also, they put the chip between the shoulder blades , neither yelped or whined.

Travis F.

Thanks for all of the sympathetic replies everyone.

From now on, everytime I see a truck with dog kennels in the back I won't be thinking:

"Cool, that guy's got hunting dogs, so he must be into guns too. He's kinda like me."

I will instead be thinking:

"Is that guy a buncher? Did he just steal somebody's pet?"

If I see anything that looks suspicious, I'm calling the cops. And I'm gonna tail the guy until the cops show up.

I could exaggerate just a wee bit when I call too:

"Yes, 9-1-1, there's this guy driving erratically on the freeway. Maybe he's been drinking....Can you send an officer out to stop this guy? Here let me give you the license plate number while we're on the phone."

Who knows maybe outstanding warrants will come up when they run the plates, hopefully, and that'll make the cops sense of urgency increase.

And there's no telling what a traffic stop like that woud actually uncover.

Meth? Other drugs? A felon with a gun? Stolen dogs? Etc?

Switching gears here....I wouldn't be surprised if these bunchers were waiting like vultures after the two hurricanes swept through the Gulf Coast last year.

Remember the press coverage of all those lost pets?

Remember the rumors about Tsunami kids being stolen for the sex trade?

Yeah, thanks again folks for lending a supportive ear to my rant. Sometimes I just ramble on. I think it is just that important.

Chills

Edited by Chills1994

Man, if somebody were to hurt or kidnap one of our dogs, they better hope the police catch them before I do.

+1

+2...they better hope I get to them before my wife does. No kidding, she would be so mad over her dogs getting abused that it would make hiding in the wood chipper seem like a really bright idea.

Too fast... to modern. Oh Oh that thing with a small cut in the belly and they pulled ot the intestine = think it is called 'Disembowel' :ph34r:

aka the "Drawn" part of "Drawn and Quartered"... For the "Quartered" part, you tie each limb to a rope attached to a horse (or, perhaps, pickup truck), and send each steed off in different directions. Pop.

Too fast... to modern. Oh Oh that thing with a small cut in the belly and they pulled out the intestine = think it is called 'Disembowel' :ph34r:

aka the "Drawn" part of "Drawn and Quartered"... For the "Quartered" part, you tie each limb to a rope attached to a horse (or, perhaps, pickup truck), and send each steed off in different directions. Pop.

I thought the 'Drawn' part was when they would make a long cut from legs to neck?...or is it the circular cut just under the ribcage? :unsure:

But the Quarter part is self explainatory. :wacko: