Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vanek Trigger In Production Part 2

ryucasta

All,

Spoke to Charlie recently and he advised me that he will be coming out with what should be a USPSA Production Legal Glock Trigger shortly. This trigger will not have the repositioned trigger pivot pin that the NROI ruling dated 1/30/06 found to be illegal for the Production Division.

NROI Ruling Excerpt:

"the Vanek trigger, has relocated the pivot pin about 3/16" above the factory specs, and has filled in the original hole with a black material that is still visible on inspection."

So any of you that are interested might want to talk to him about it. IMHO that the USPSA NROI is going to have to revisit this ruling once Vanek has that other trigger available on the market. Anyway thats my 2 cents.

Raul, what does it cost? Thanks, I know Mr. Vanek has been working on this project for a while and am interested in finding out more about it. I look forward to your field report. Please include pull weight and method to obtain it.

Rick

Rick,

It's about $100.00 for that money you'll get assorted springs a Glock Trigger Housing, Glock Striker/Firing Pin Safety, and Glock Trigger Bar that have all been worked on by Vanek. A Vaneked Glock factory 3.5 connector is available for an additional charge.

Charlie assured me that the trigger pivot point has not been modified in anyway he also informed that this trigger should provide a consistent trigger pull of 2 pounds. Anyway enough said I'm really looking forward to testing this trigger soon since the proof is in the pudding.

ryucasta,

Does Charlie's drop in kit come with the ejector housing pre/over travel screws? Maybe he'll list the contents when he puts it on his website. Sounds like a good kit though.

FWIW, If your RS kit is still in your junk pile, I'll buy it from you ... if it's still in good original condition.

Bounty,

Neither Ralph nor Charlie offers a striker/firing pin with their drop in kits. What they both offer is with their kits is a Striker/Firing Pin safety (looks like a piston). Of all the trigger jobs I have had done over the years CGR Top Fuel Trigger (discontinued) was the only one that offered a reduced mass/skeletonized striker/firing pin.

SRT,

Based on my conversations with Charlie both Ralph and Charlie are offering just about the same parts with their kits. The big difference between the two is that Charlie is providing the Glock Trigger Housing with an over travel screw. Ralph's kit does not provide a Glock Trigger housing.

As far as selling you Ralph's kit is concerned I am bit of a pack rat (Still have all the Glock trigger jobs I've ever purchased) and I never sell anything that pertains to my hobbies.

Edited by ryucasta

ryucasta,

As far as selling you Ralph's kit is concerned I am bit of a pack rat (Still have all the Glock trigger jobs I've ever purchased) and I never sell anything that pertains to my hobbies.

I hear ya. ;) Nothing wrong with that.

Let us know what you think about Charlie's drop in. I'm sure the quality is there but the over/pre travel screws might make a difference.

Of all the trigger jobs I have had done over the years CGR Top Fuel Trigger (discontinued) was the only one that offered a reduced mass/skeletonized striker/firing pin.

My 6" G21 upper from Bar-Sto came with a lightened, skeletonized striker ---- just in case anyone is terribly eager to try and get their hands on one....

Just finished testing the kit on two G22's and a G35 this trigger has met all of my expectations it breaks at 2 pounds on each gun, and there have been no hiccups so far. This weekend I will put it to the acid test and report my findings.

Kevin,

USPS does wonders. :) When you do a side by side comparison of the packages the Vanek trigger has one more part and thats the Glock Trigger Housing. As I stated in my earlier post I will be providing a full report after I put it throuh the acid test called Norco aka Jojo Vidanes weekly USPSA match.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was finally able to complete the first phase of my tests on Vanek Custom’s new drop in trigger and let me just say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the results.

This trigger kit has been used in several of my 40 S&W Glock’s (Purchased the 40 S&W Kit) even those that were hiccupping with the TriggerKit.com drop in trigger. My first test was to dry fire the trigger in three Glock firearms (two G22's 2nd/3rd and G35 3rd generation) and it worked flawlessly.

Went to a local indoor range and fired in excess of 700 rounds though two (G22 2nd and G35 3rd generation) of the Glock's and no problems were encountered. Later that week after competing in Jojo’s match I was testing the G22 (2nd generation) in one of the empty berms and a problem did arise where the trigger wasn’t resetting itself after firing over 500 rounds. This problem was caused by my negligence. In turns out that every time I swapped the trigger I would clean the trigger assembly but on this one occasion I forgot to lube the area where the trigger bar meets the connector. This is contrary to instructions that both Charlie and Ralph provide to their customers when assembling each their respective drop-in triggers. Once I ascertained what was causing the problem I placed some Slide Glide #1 in the affected area the problem went away.

Earlier this week I was able to retest the G22 at the range and after +500 rounds it didn’t hiccup. Today I used the G22 2d generation at a local IDPA match and fired another +100 rounds in competition and it performed flawlessly. I plan on firing another 1000 rounds with this trigger sometime this week using the other two Glock’s and once this test is completed I’ll provide an update.