Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Sunday Icore At Rio

JohnRodriguez

As I signed on this morning, I saw this thread and thought, "They've got this really solid bunch of wheelgunners down there in Phoenix, why in the world don't more of them shoot Revo in the Desert Classic??"

Then I went to check the major USPSA match results for Area 2 this past fall, and was reminded that almost everybody on the list was there from out of town. Of course John R. participated and did pretty well, but most of the other names are people from other areas.

Now I'm mostly a USPSA shooter, as you know, but Sam and I drove clear to CO (12 hours one-way) to shoot Bud Bond's ICORE Regionals last year, and absolutely loved it. I happen to live in an area where ICORE has never really taken off (Iowa), but if anybody ever sets up a match within half a day's drive of here, I'd jump at the chance to go shoot it.

So I'll put the question to you AZ revolver guys. Why won't you play the game at one of the biggest and best USPSA matches in the country when it's right there in your own backyard??

Mike

P.S. If the reasons are political, I don't want to know about it, or air it online. I'm just curious about any shooting-related aspects of this phenomenon.

As I signed on this morning, I saw this thread and thought, "They've got this really solid bunch of wheelgunners down there in Phoenix, why in the world don't more of them shoot Revo in the Desert Classic??"

There are typically more revo shooters at the Desert Classic than show up in the revolver results. That's because they are shooting those evil 8 shot revos that aren't legal in revo class. For example, Vic usually shoots in Open.

Correct. Most of the local wheelgunners that shoot ICORE Open shoot Open class in USPSA, a couple shoot in limited 10 with their eight-shooters. I enjoyed shooting with Dan in the Revo class, and due to others not wanting me to look too bad, managed to avoid last place somehow. :lol:

Is anyone competitive with the 8-shooters in L10? I sold my 8 shot .357, some days wish I had it back. No ICORE near me...even thought of trying to open a club as I think there are plenty of revolvers in drawers just waiting to come out and play. :)

The prize table for Revo is not on par with other divisions. That has also been a consideration when deciding what to shoot. It's a small division, I'm not complaining, just stating a reason that another division is choosen rather than Revo.

The prize table for Revo is not on par with other divisions. That has also been a consideration when deciding what to shoot. It's a small division, I'm not complaining, just stating a reason that another division is choosen rather than Revo.

Hey, I understand that.....being a mercenary myself from way back.... :) I can see switching to a bottomfeeder for that reason. (There's no way anybody's going to finish "in the money" shooting Open at a big match with an 8-shot revolver, though, I don't care who you are.....)

Of course, the Revolver prize table will continue to stay small if people don't step up and play the game with the big boys.

Is anyone competitive with the 8-shooters in L10? I sold my 8 shot .357, some days wish I had it back. No ICORE near me...even thought of trying to open a club as I think there are plenty of revolvers in drawers just waiting to come out and play. :)

Hi Bruce, I have started shooting my 8-shot in L-10 in Richmond Ca. So far I have 2nd and a 1st.

We don't have a lot of L-10 shooters so I don't know if I would be competitive at another club.

One of these days, when my health is up I'd love to shoot the Desert Classic. I had lots of jun at it with a revolver years ago. Just too much activity for me over three days now.

Biggest problem is the guys seem to think that since they are local they can get in to the match. If it's not postmarked on time ( and that means 9 a.m. the days specified) you aren't getting in it fills up so fast.