Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 South Carolina Section Championship

Just wanted to remind everyone about the 2006 South Carolina Section Championship, which will be held April 7 - 8, 2006. The match will be held at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia. This is a one day match - shoot either Friday or Saturday. This will also be an STI Contingency Match. We also have a new Match Hotel that will have plenty of room for the banquet and will have a bar in the banquet room. The match application is in the last issue of Front Sight or you can get more info at www.southcarolina-uspsa.org. Hope to see y'all there.

Jack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of curiosity -- what kind of drive is it from Raleigh, NC? Mapquest says about 3:30 -- is that accurate? 230 miles, or so?

I can make Raleigh in about 3 hours. I tend to drive fast.....but 3 - 3.5 is about right...

I go this from Linda's web site:

The Carolinian Hotel

Columbia SC

I would like to encourage everyone to stay at the Match Hotel. They have offered competitors at the SC 2006 State Championship Match a special rate of $ 60.00 per night for standard rooms or $ 69.00 per night for king rooms. Call toll-free 877-308-4986 or 803-736-3000 locally to make your reservations. They are not the closest hotel to the range (about 20 to 30 minute drive, depending on traffic), but they were the most willing to work with our group.

Match Application

Hope this helps.

The match application was in the Jan/Feb issue of Front Sight. It is also available online. See my website http://lchico.5u.com and select the link on the left for 2006 SC Section Championship for an application or other details.

We ALWAYS welcome CRO or RO help, but can also use helpers. Those of you who shot past SC Matches know that I prefer for the staff to paste and reset steel, rather than the shooters. I assign inexperienced helpers to stages staffed with CROs and ROs who have major match experience. This is a great way for new shooters to get involved and shoot a major match for free. If you are interested in helping, contact me at LChico@msn.com.

The host hotel is new. The previous hotel was older and we had complaints that it was shabby and run-down. This new hotel is right across the street from our previous hotel. The Carolinian Hotel is located at 7510 Two Notch Road in Columbia, SC 29223. Pictures and more information about the hotel and banquet are listed on the web site.

We will support the new 1911 Single Stack provisional division at the match. Contact me if you need more information.

I am always happy to honor squadding requests. You do not (repeat: DO NOT) need to put them in the same envelope. Write who you want to squad with on the application, or email me a message.

Hope to see you at the match.

Linda Chico

• 4 weeks later...
The match application was in the Jan/Feb issue of Front Sight. It is also available online. See my website http://lchico.5u.com and select the link on the left for 2006 SC Section Championship for an application or other details.

Linda Chico

This sounds like a neat match, and I sent in my application today. What time does the shooting start on Saturday, however (trying to decide if I need to drive down Friday evening, or if I can do it on Saturday).

Thx

This is an EXCELLENT match folks, definitely on the "not to be missed" list. David and I RO'ed for Linda last year and had a great time and were treated really well :) I believe we're just shooting it this year, work schedules are a bit tougher.

Linda Chico

This sounds like a neat match, and I sent in my application today. What time does the shooting start on Saturday, however (trying to decide if I need to drive down Friday evening, or if I can do it on Saturday).

Thx

Match will start promptly at 08:00. Normally, we are done around 4- 4:30pm. Get your apps in ASAP. I am pretty confident that we will sell this match out.

I think Linda might still need some ROs. As Shootergirl said, we treat our ROs well. Linda and the crew run a match like no one else. Very efficient. However, she does have a challenge in scoring the new Single Stack Division. So, it might take 20 minutes to get the finals out :D . I'll bet on 15 though.....

Hope y'all can make it.

This is an EXCELLENT match folks, definitely on the "not to be missed" list. David and I RO'ed for Linda last year and had a great time and were treated really well :) I believe we're just shooting it this year, work schedules are a bit tougher.

She's right -- an Excellent match.

As a bonus, it's where I finally got to meet Kat in person. During the stage briefing, when she asked if there were any questions, I inquired whether showing 'Major Kattitude' would earn any extra style points.

After a brief pause, she did this ===>> " :D "

I have conflicting plans this year Kathy, so I won't be able to attend.

Are you guys coming down for Area 6?

I'll will be there shooting Saturday.

Shooting penalty-free, I hope! :)

From the match application it looks like a buffet dinner is included Sat night, for the shooter? Is this also at the match hotel?

Are there are any specific quirks to this match, or would y'all suggest just general Good Practices in terms of preparation? Thx - looking forward to this. Barely a month away, and no ($@*& air-travel required.

I'll will be there shooting Saturday.

Shooting penalty-free, I hope! :)

From the match application it looks like a buffet dinner is included Sat night, for the shooter? Is this also at the match hotel?

Are there are any specific quirks to this match, or would y'all suggest just general Good Practices in terms of preparation? Thx - looking forward to this. Barely a month away, and no ($@*& air-travel required.

Yes, the banquet is at the match hotel. Shooters get a free ticket, spouses/guests are extra. There will be a bar, too.

As for the stages, generally free-style. They will be open for review Friday as long as you stay out of Friday shooters way.

See you then.

At this point, DaLittmans aren't going to make it to this match - we're bummed!

But, Mark - we are planning on making Area 6!

Shootergirl,

I hate to hear that. Well, at least we'll see you at the A6.

Jack

ALL Saturday slots for the SC Match are filled. There are a limited number of slots for Friday. If you did not get a confirmation letter or contact from me, you are not in for Saturday. I will start a waiting list (there are always a few dropouts) and will return checks to those who either cannot shoot Friday or prefer not to try a waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC Match Statistician

ALL Saturday slots for the SC Match are filled. There are a limited number of slots for Friday. If you did not get a confirmation letter or contact from me, you are not in for Saturday. I will start a waiting list (there are always a few dropouts) and will return checks to those who either cannot shoot Friday or prefer not to try a waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC Match Statistician

Linda,

How do I get on the Sat waiting list? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The good news is that I was able to move 12 shooters off the waiting list and into the match on Saturday. This involved much twisting of arms (of local shooters) to get them to move to Friday & open up spots for out-of-towners on Saturday. The bad news is that I've exhausted those possibilities.

I still have a few spots for Friday shooters & I could still use 3 or 4 RO's (or other willing workers). If you would like to shoot Friday, I will waive the late fee. At this point, it is probably best not to try to snail mail the application. Contact me at LChico@msn.com with your information & I will get back to you quicker.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC Section Match Statistician

Edited by LChico