Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc World Shoot 2008

Carmoney

Participation at the Nationals is a "must" do match for both 06'-07'.

For those of us who didn't earn a slot for this year cross your fingers. With out the Nats your WS points wont be enough for making the team.

I hate the "wait list". But those are the breaks.

Good luck !!

Dan..

I don't like having all the matched in one year. What if in 07 you change jobs or have a kid or get a case of the limp wrist (Sam). If something happens, all you will have is 06 nats. I think 2 years would be better. All this being said, the selection process did not apply to revolver last time and I'll bet it will not in 08.

Cliff

I don't like having all the matched in one year. What if in 07 you change jobs or have a kid or get a case of the limp wrist (Sam). If something happens, all you will have is 06 nats. I think 2 years would be better. All this being said, the selection process did not apply to revolver last time and I'll bet it will not in 08.

Cliff

Its hard to say Cliff. At least it was mentioned in the "selection process".

Edited by D.carden

MBane in another thread said he's heard more interest in Revo's than anything lately. Robbie picks up a Revo. Look at all of the interest and articles in Handgunner on Revo's. Maybe there is going to be a pick up in interest.

If there is it may be a difficult race to get a Revo Team slot to the next WS.

Looks like best of place at nationals in 06-07, winner of national divisions in 08 and points from 2 of 3 approved matches in 07. But only in that Division, maybe some big names will move to Revo to soldify a spot? Could generate participation. My guess is the teams will be officially sponsored as per Division participation, probably rightfully so. Most who contribute, directly and indirectly, don't do so with a WS team in mind.

Looks like a pretty solid deal, with lots of competition and possibilities. Who knows maybe a father/son combo on the 08WS team?

Once again, the "Official Team" depends on the selection process. However, if the USPSA BOD does not want to support a Revolver Team, there won't be an official selection process. We'll be left on our own. However, as a process, this one looks pretty good.

Unless Robbie wants to try and 1) Earn a slot on the WS Revo Team, 2) Stake his rep on beating Jerry to win (thus becoming the first shooter to win the WS in two different Divisions) I don't see official money for us.

My plan is this: talk up and promote revolvers as much as possible. Get as much activity as possible. By the time getting slots for the WS comes around, we should have a good idea amongst ourselves who would be the best wheelgun killers to watch Jerry's back are.

If the USPSA BOD wants to pitch in with money I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.