Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unreturned Messages And Emails

cpty1

It's seems there are more and more companies out there, people offering products, or doing work, that won't return emails or phone messages. I've contacted four companies over the last few weeks, some of them for the second or third time, to order product, obtain information on distributor or dealer requirements, or get them to do work of some kind. They won't respond or even acknowledge they've received my request. What a way to do business! There's a wide spectrum IMO between excellent customer service and plain ol' common courtesy. These companies and individuals are a long way from providing either.

I hate it too. I have one company who hasnt shipped stuff to me in 6 months. They called in December to say I would have product in a matter of weeks. My order is about $18,000.00. Still no product and my emails go ignored. Getting product from suppliers is the most frustrating part of my business. I know how those unanswered emails leave me frustrated so i answer every one i get and return every phone call. May not always make contact on the phone calls but at least I attempt it. Sometimes I cant. Just some advice , if leaving a voice mail be sure to leave a number and the area code and speak clearly. There are times I cant return a call becasue of these reasons.

I also hate companies that have web pages with contact info and it isnt right or they wont answer email. I was tryingto buy a chimney cap a few weeks ago. I found the one I wanted to help stop downdraft. I emailed the manufacturer(several people in the company at that) for information as to where to find them or if I could buy direct. No response from anybody! Just makes me wonder how they stay in business.

Lots of companies seem to like the "we'll get to e-mail when we get to it, we really want to talk to our customers on the phone". Me, I don't like that much, though given the volume of crap that comes into a published e-mail address these days, I'm not surprised why some don't (also why you should click the read-reciept button-- make sure they really got it and it didn't get dumped by a spam filter)

+1

Damn right, if your webpage has contact info that includes an email address, at least have the common courtesy to check your damn email and send an answer.

I am sick and tired of emailing an IPSC/USPSA business and receiving NO, NADA, ZIP in response! The target audience for suppliers in our game is not so large that you can't at least send an email that says you don't have what the customer wants.

PS

This is NOT directed at anyone who has responded to this thread so far. Nor the original poster.

Edited by GeorgeInNePa

ditto, i emailed a company considered by many to have the finest customer service reputation in this industry over a week ago with a question so that once answered, I can fill out a $300 order, and as of yet have gotten only the computer generated response saying that my email was recieved and they will respond at their earliest convience.

$.02: as was mentioned here, if you aren't going to answer your e-mails, don't give it out. How hard is that?

If they can get away without providing good customer service, so be it. However, they are losing a lot of revenue from my disposable income. I always vote with my wallet.

Chuck, you're being completely unreasonable. Just what kind of customer service do you expect on an order of only $18,000. :lol: And here I am packing up a $20 AGrip so it can go out the next day. Go figure.......

Edited by cpty1