Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Slides

Chris Johns

I just saw a glock smith last week who showed me a 17 with a slide that had a brite polished look. He stated it was a metal heat treat finish. It comes out a flat matte, but can be polished brite with a little flitz work. I forget what the finish was called but I will try to call him and find out if your interested. It was sharp.  

I just saw a glock smith last week who showed me a 17 with a slide that had a brite polished look. He stated it was a metal heat treat finish. It comes out a flat matte, but can be polished brite with a little flitz work. I forget what the finish was called but I will try to call him and find out if your interested. It was sharp.  

Heck, just last week I used the bead-blaster at work to prepare my G20's slide for Brownells Teflon Moly "Steel" color finish.  After the blast, it looked kinda neat,...kinda powder coated.  After I sprayed it and baked it, It looks even better.  It resembles a stainless-brushed-satin finish.

Heck, just last week I used the bead-blaster at work to prepare my G20's slide for Brownells Teflon Moly "Steel" color finish.  After the blast, it looked kinda neat,...kinda powder coated.  After I sprayed it and baked it, It looks even better.  It resembles a stainless-brushed-satin finish.

You can easily polish off the black finish on a stock Glock slide.  The Tennifer finish is below that, so no worries there.  The black stuff is only cosmetic.  Glock will even still let you shoot in the stock class of GSSF with a polished slide.

You can easily polish off the black finish on a stock Glock slide.  The Tennifer finish is below that, so no worries there.  The black stuff is only cosmetic.  Glock will even still let you shoot in the stock class of GSSF with a polished slide.

• 2 weeks later...

KKM also offers the 9x21 barrels.

----------

Matt,

I have noticed you have gotten away from using the KKM barrels.  Any problems?  Anything wrong with dealing with KKM or their quality?  Have you switched to Barsto...well, because they are Barsto?

Maybe you could compare and contrast the barrels for us?  (Sounds like another thread.)