Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dirtypool40 Limited Blaster - Now With Pics!

dirtypool40

I figured out how to keep myself from selling nice guns before they are even broken in: Put a custom serial number on them.

And so I am proud to present:

Ser# DIRTYPOOL40 by Millenium Custom.

This is the 4th gun Derek has built for me and the nicest. All have been 100% reliable from the time of delivery. He literally handed this to me during walk through at a our local match. It is T-I-G-H-T. I fired a sighter group and took the LAMR after that. Shakedown cruise yeilded no failures of any kind and HOA Limited.

It's an S_I "salad bar" gun. Took the best I wanted from each without reguard to who made them.

STI Slide and SHORT / WIDE frame. I love how it matches up

STI rear site (just this once, no heinie).

AFTEC

AET Bull (it's what we had and I got tired of waiting for a bushing)

SV Scott grip & SV ITS, long flat insert, 'cuz nothing else feels like "my" gun.

SV mag tubes with Gramms guts and Dawson pads. All are 20 reloadable.

SV steel ms housing (putting a little more weight in the gun, but not too much).

EGW magwell (steeper and smaller than an ICE, although the aluminum used is almost softer than the plastic insert from an ice).

EGW slide stops.

Recoil Master and Tungsten, still working out which will stay. I recently had a COMPLETE failure of an RM in my other gun.

Brown safeties.

.090 width front.

Koenig hammer.

Details / work. (Have pretty much become standard on the last four or five guns I've ordered).

Deep crown.

regular length checkered mag release. no button.

French cut.

Front and rear serrations, front moved further back, because I actually use them.

Frame relieved for slide stop.

Slide stop checkered and inop.

rear of slide serrated to match rear of STI / Bomar.

High cut under grip (although I'm not done with it yet).

Flat top with serrations.

ball cut in slide rounds.

*no light rail on this one*

So now I finally have two, completely reliable limited guns. Time to wear them out.

post-551-1137625725_thumb.jpg

post-551-1137625880_thumb.jpg

post-551-1137625931_thumb.jpg

post-551-1137625977_thumb.jpg

Edited by dirtypool40

Eric,

I have some extra money coming next week. Let me know how much you want for it.

Craig

:huh: DOH!!!

I guess I deserved that.

Well, pics went off to shootergirl so I guess we'll start the bidding once everyone gets a look. NOT!!! B)

This one's a keeper. It's in the white and I can't figure out a time to give it back for final tweaks and plating.

Hey!!! I resemble that!!! :angry: I think I blew a fuse on that steel stage. Woof, that was painful, I had a smooth, albeit lackluster match going and then I took the beep without much of a plan and ran the gun dry TWICE and left a popper standing. NICE!!! <_<

This thread will focus less on how I shot once I get some pics up. :unsure:

true enough AET. I'm working these local guys hard to put up some classifiers next month, and the new wify-poo to allow me to practice so I might actually make it.

As to the pics, when I tried to post pics last night, it asked for html links. I'll try again when I get home.

I have a question for you. If you had waited for a bushing barrel would this blaster also work for IDPA? If so and you make St. Augustine Sat. I'd love to see it in person. I'd be the tall fat guy shooting a smith & wesson 5906 in production.

I think it would be legal, but I've been told that if I win with it it will suddenly be seen as having illegal lightening cuts.

My other one (ser # L2443) does have a bushing barrel, light rail and Heinie sights, so as of the latest text messages from IDPA HQ, it's legal.

Plan right now is to shoot St. Aug. I am excited, it will be the first time I've shot that match in about five years. Be good to meet Nemo and see Dave Williams again.

see you out there...

I drive 75 miles one way for this match every month. It's the best local match in my area. We have Dave thinking about shooting production now. He did shoot Jacksonville last weekend (production). It's a great bunch of people to shoot with. I'm not positive that Nemo will make it. I forget what his email said, but I was under the impression I would not see him until February due to work.

Thanks Merlin, that's what I was going for; something I could be happy with for a long time instead of "shiek this week".

Over the past couple of years I have ordered, then sold four or five high caps and have really narrowed down what I like. It's almost like picking out a new car or piece of furniture, or better yet a pool cue. Find something you like already, get the features and aesthetics you want, but make sure they match and make things a modern classic. There's very little changed on this gun from the last two or three. It's sort of an evolution or culmination.

Now after all that I hope I have enough sense to keep it and make GM with it. :wacko:

Edited by dirtypool40

Yeah, a couple of years back I was hung up on all the gimmicks, big mag button, slick holster, every 99 cent trick out there.

When I went down South, I kinda bit the bullet and decided it was time to simplify gear and just learn to shoot (gosh what a concept!). Don't get me wrong, I still like a good looking gun with sexy parts, but only stuff I need. (OK acculok plug is just ‘cuz it’s sexy). B)

Actually it’s funny, as of last night I am still faster with standard mags into a tiny little Krebs plastic magwell than I am with 140’s into that gaping EGW.

Edited by dirtypool40