Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Practical Rifle Team Challenge

I am proud to announce a new organization, Colorado Multigun, and an exciting match for 2006.

Many details are still fluid at this time, but the major match parameters are set.

Colorado Multigun was formed to promote world-class multigun skills through clinics, training, and competition.

prtcheader.jpg

The Practical Rifle Team Challenge is designed to test a 2-man team's skills shooting rifle, carbine, and pistol to their effective ranges at practical targets in the natural terrain using what gear they can carry.

Shooters should expect:

* 8 field stages shot in the natural terrain over 3 days, including 2 night shoots (night vision gear not required)

* physical challenges, obstacle negotiation, climbing, crawling, water

* movement up to 2 miles

* local altitude of 6700'

* to carry gear used during the courses of fire

* shooting rifles to 1000 yards and carbines to 500 yards

* mixture of "precision" and "speed" shooting with scoring to match

* "Run-n-Gun"

Teams can use any ancillary equipment as long as such equipment is carried during every stage. (See Rules for details.)

Cost of entry is $300 per team ($150 per person).

Entry forms will be available on the web-site 17 FEB 2006 (ie, the Friday after the SHOT show).

For general questions, you can reply to this thread or email PRTC@ColoradoMultigun.com

Potential sponsors should contact PRTCsponsors@ColoradoMultigun.com

The rest of the details are available on the match web-site: http://ColoradoMultigun.com/prtc

Edited by Zak Smith

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have to carry all 3 guns and all the ammo and accessories with you at all times from stage to stage? like the super trooper class? Do you have a set of rules anywhere? Thanks

from what I understand it's a two man team, one carries sniper rifle and pistol the other caries carbine and pistol

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Do you have to carry all 3 guns and all the ammo and accessories with you at all times from stage to stage? like the super trooper class? Do you have a set of rules anywhere? Thanks

Please follow the link in the top post to the match web site for complete description and rules. It's quite detailed.

It is not just like a "super trooper" class.

Edited by Zak Smith

Zak, what can we expect as far as the size of the targets at any given range. I shot the sportsman hunting match once and those 1 moa targets suck. Can we expect at least 3 moa to shoot at? Keith

I can live with 2 moa but if this is going to be a fly speck shoot I'd like to know before hand.

Keith,

Just to let you know flys @ 100,200 are sub-minute-And we WILL NOT be shooting on established SQUARE ranges EXCEPT for the two night stages-See you there-VNG

I hope from reading the intro post that one wouldn't get the impression that this is a BR or "fly speck" shoot! We also intend

that a military-issue-style 308 caliber bolt action rifle system will be capable of shooting all rifle targets.

Expect a variety of target sizes.

Edited by Zak Smith

• 5 weeks later...

BenelliII:

If you don't have a partner let me know!! I have a good precision rifle and ALL the dope on slugs to 500yds. If you have a scope that stays zeroed for your carbine we might be a force to be reconed with!! KURTM

• 3 weeks later...