Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul mags

JoeInTucson

Unfortunately before I knew they had issues I invested in Magpul mags. Quite a few. The price was right and Magpul makes the best rifle mags. So I spent. I don’t want to throw them out. Has anyone ever played with these to get them to run reliably?

2 hours ago, JoeInTucson said:

Unfortunately before I knew they had issues I invested in Magpul mags. Quite a few. The price was right and Magpul makes the best rifle mags. So I spent. I don’t want to throw them out. Has anyone ever played with these to get them to run reliably?

I’ve never had any issues with them in GLOCK pistols or my GMR-15.  What kind of problems are you having with them?

I've been using them for quite a while also with no problems. I've got three that I use only for classifiers, their cheap so I don't care about dropping them, haven't had one break yet.

So when I ran these the Glock would do nothing but jam. On all of them. I tweaked my reload and switched to Glock mags and now things run great. But it is a screaming shame to trash can these. Basically I made the reload more snappy. I’m now using a Brass Monkey 127 with 3.7 of Titegroup. I’ve actually never tried this with the Magpul mags. 

Just now, JoeInTucson said:

So when I ran these the Glock would do nothing but jam. On all of them. I tweaked my reload and switched to Glock mags and now things run great. But it is a screaming shame to trash can these. Basically I made the reload more snappy. I’m now using a Brass Monkey 127 with 3.7 of Titegroup. I’ve actually never tried this with the Magpul mags. 

Did you try them with factory ammo?

2 minutes ago, JoeInTucson said:

Yes with Winchester white box and Hornady American Gunner.

If they didn't work with factory ammo in a factory Glock I would give Magpul a call. I bet they would help you out. Every time I seen a person try them they have worked, but I guess a bad batch is always possible 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was the dangedest thing. I used my Magpul 21 rounders in a competition yesterday and not one issue. I thought I would  give them one last try. Now in fairness I did change my reload since the last time I used them and improved my grip technique as well. I have some 27 round mags that I got for a different game I will give those a whirl next. Good news.