Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor 9mm 124 grain accuracy?

I had gotten some from a friend and they shot as good as anything else, no complaints. Wideners always had them from $135-$160 but no free shipping. 

7 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

I'm not positive, but I think I remember those jackets being bi-metal if that matters to you at all.

I searched for some information on this but didn’t find anything.  It would be interesting to know, and I might send Armscor an email for some information.   Thanks!

3 hours ago, savagemann said:

The ones I bought many years ago were bi-metal jacketed.

They are accurate.

Shot this group earlier in the year.

20240710_173046.jpg

That’s a group I would take any day of the week sir.  I have some BE86 to try out, and I wish now I had bought more when it was less than $35/pound. Thanks for the photo and load info.  

2 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

That’s a group I would take any day of the week sir.  I have some BE86 to try out, and I wish now I had bought more when it was less than $35/pound. Thanks for the photo and load info.  

No problem.

I was pleasantly surprised with the groups myself. It was only 7 yards, but was offhand/unsupported.

The 5.1gr BE86 load is a good safe load. I've loaded much hotter, but 5.1 suits these bullets well.

Pretty sure Alliant has dropped selling to reloaders.. so yeh shoulda stocked up on BE86,,  is a great "medium" powder that does alot well and is very consistent. I like it for higher 357 magnum loaded for shorter barrel guns, have also used it for basically 45 ACP super loads out of a 6 inch 1911 under 255's for bowling pins.
Wont be long and all we will have is over priced Hodgdon with them buying everything,  Whatever happened to anti monopoly laws.

I had tried Power Pistol but too much flash and noise compared to BE86 although the chronograph numbers were good.  I will try VV N330, 231, and N320 plus some others I have.  I like to find a load that works and load a lot of it.  I have scratched Alliant off my list for now and most likely the future.  You are right about Hodgdon, they seem to control a huge chunk of the market

Shooting pins is a lot of fun and those loads should clean the table quick, fast, and in a hurry.   

I’ve used them with 4.1 Gr of Sport Pistol for my shadow 2 and 8”-barrels MPX. At 1.120” oal, my ave velocity was 1035 FPS for 128 PF.

It was accurate and shot well but not as good compared to my usual loads of 4.1 Gr of Sport Pistol and 124 Gr Precision Delta JHP V1 and V2.