Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry’s Bullets?

Wrathen

I won a Berry’s Bullets certificate and haven’t used them before. I shoot 90% 2011s mix of blue bullets 124gr with titegroup SuperVel 124gr or 147gr. 

was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and what I should give a try. Part of me thinking of trying the 135gr flat tip. Will be for Limited Optics USPSA.

Figure maybe give something a try or just 124gr?

I've been using the Berry's 124 gr. round nose bullets with 4 grs. of Titegroup in my LO Prodigy 4.25 and they have worked great. PF runs between 130-135.

Berry's makes good bullets.. at one time one of the few or only plated bullets worth buying.. They just got extremely proud of them back during one of the metal price gouging eras.. higher than bulk jacketed.
So  if you have a good coupon go for it.. Id probably do the 147 or 124 like you already shoot. They will perform pretty close to FMJ.s

I use Berrys for all my minor PF stuff.  Extremely consistent on weight and diameter.  Not a bad price either and they shoot clean.  

I run their 115s but I prefer a lil snappier recoil and faster slide.   Grab whatever you typically run weight and bullet profile wise from them 

5 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I've been using the Berry's 124 gr. round nose bullets with 4 grs. of Titegroup in my LO Prodigy 4.25 and they have worked great. PF runs between 130-135.

This was my standard load for about 15 years until covid made them unobtainable.  I considered them to be one of the best copper coated bullets around. 

I likewise shot Berry's for many years until they became too pricey.

125gr or (preferable) 135gr with 4.0gr Win 231 or HP-38.

Great loads!