Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Fo Adj Sight Set

WildWest N AZ

Looking to replace my stock Glock sight ASAP, been looking a Dawsons stuff seems to be avery nice setup. Just wondering whos got them and if you like them or not? Thanks :D

I have them on my production gun. They're great and you won't be disappointed.

You might also want to check out Dave's new fixed rear sight design. I almost like the fixed version profile better than the adjustables. Either way, you should be good.

Like what Bryan said, they're great. I got them on my Glock 22 and like it a lot. But once you got it set, you'll never need to adjust it. So the fixed rear IMO is better, planning to install one on my next Glock.

I have the non-fo Dawson Adjustables on my Glock. I would not choose them again. They're very nice sights, but they're too high for my likings. Also, the front is a little too wide (I have the .100" front) in the notch.

I would go with a Heinie race cut or something similar. The fixed stuff from Ameriglo also looks nice.

Adjustables are nice, but once you have your fixed sights set, they're better in every aspect.

if you choose to go FO, dont get the FO in the rear sights...it causes confusion..

i like my dawson sights...once you get them set, you dont need adjustments

if i was gonna do it all over again, money could be saved by just buying a set of heine sights.

I've got them on both of my Glocks and on my 1911. I've got the .100" width front on all. Love 'em! :wub: I use the FO rears on all of them. I think it's faster to line up the 3 dots than the tops of the sights, but that's just me. The rear fiber isn't that bright and I don't think it's distracting at all. But, I figured I could black them out if I ever change my mind. The rear sight is kind of big and blocky, but I've never had problems snagging on anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I got them put on and I love them, the 3 dot is easier for me to use they are very accurate set of sites!

I got a ? on the install though I had them put on and when I got home I noticed that the rear sight is not even with the slide? When I take a sight picture though they line up perfect with the front sight. The rear sight is just a tad bit further on the right side of the slide. If it was centered perfect I would had to adjust the sight to the right to get them to line perfect. So my only guess is that my gun smith installed them that way so I wonldnt have to adjust the rear. I shoot it at the range and it was spot on with out adjustment I was able to eat the bulleye out at a rest! So I guess they are on correctly or I wouldnt beable to hit anything?

I was wondering if anybody had ever noticed this before with how thier dawsons are on the slide? A little weried about stuff like this can anyone give some insight on it?

"Im one of those shooters that does better with the three dot than with a black rear and dot front. I cant shoot well with um blacked out."

I bet that wouldn't be the case if you tried the Dawson F/O site with a black rear site....

I say this because I felt the same way you do. O couldn't stand a pistol with all black sites (in fact, I still don't like 'em).

My professional career has caused me to shoot with 3 dot night sites for nearly 17 year now. I started shooting the all black rear site and the Dawson fiber front site about 1-1/2 years ago.

IF I could, I would switch ALL of my guns to the fiber front site set up, but the administration would more than likely get a wee bit upset with me.

Bottom line is: try it. You might just like it.