Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dog on the berm

First time I saw this happen.
I was ROing a Level 2 IPSC Match at our club range during the weekend. On Sunday afternoon, one of our guys who often takes MD or RM duties at our matches was shooting when all of a sudden somebody at the back shouted (the Finnish equivalent of) STOP! STOP! STOP!

Things ground to a halt at the three adjacent bays. A dog (German Shorthaired Pointer) with an orange vest and a GPS tracker was running on top of the berm. The dog ran around for a while so we stopped at those bays until it was caught. I understood that the owner was contacted and a few extra heart beats was the only damage.

I'm sure most were focused on the competitor and the targets, or general banter. Good thing somebody had eyes for a little more.

Had a kid come wandering over a berm years ago in Colombia.. The range was on the side of a hill and he was up top and wanted to see what all the noise was about.

Copperas Cove has a herd of cattle on it.  Every once in a while you have to call a cease fire as one of them has gotten up on a berm. They are like big dogs and will come and slobber on you while you're sitting in the bay waiting your turn. SirLoin.thumb.jpg.e74e8e907a9d4a4c38c4b5925cb454c1.jpg

Also one of them likes to try to wander into the clubhouse area. 

The bay where we first spotted the dog. We had two Short stages in one bay: shoot one, shoot the other, then score and reset both. Enough ROs and resetters to make it pretty snappy.

5.thumb.jpg.effec31bc2a01334880de82103e0d62a.jpg

The dog is convinced you guys are the absolute worst shooters in the world. All that shooting and not a single bird hit..