Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

23-02 no target height mentioned

Sarge

Send an email to dnroi and ask.  Looks like a few newer one's have this omission.  He always responds quickly.

Might be as simple as allowing each club to set the height to adapt safely to each individual range?

Or might be a general policy listed somewhere.

9 hours ago, broadside72 said:

If you scale the targets in the diagram, it looks like 4ft to the shoulders. 

I have never seen the diagrams actually done to scale.  Overhead sketches showing wall and target locations, sure.  But artwork, no.

OK ... This is REALLY old and, undoubtedly no longer "official," however, the most current guidance I can find on the subject is from the USPSA Classification Matches Manual (2013), page 3 ...

In circumstances where target heights are not specified, use the standard measurement of 5 feet high at shoulders. For shooting boxes that do not include dimensions, use boxes that are 3 feet by 3 feet. Poppers placed in front of paper targets are 4 feet from the rear target unless otherwise specified. Again, if there is any doubt, call the USPSA office for clarification.

I ran the question up the flagpole last night, but the only answer I got (at this point) is that CM 23-02 does not contain information on target height.

Sorry ... Best information I can come up with on short notice!  As someone else said, check with DNROI.

1 hour ago, Schutzenmeister said:

OK ... This is REALLY old and, undoubtedly no longer "official," however, the most current guidance I can find on the subject is from the USPSA Classification Matches Manual (2013), page 3 ...

I ran the question up the flagpole last night, but the only answer I got (at this point) is that CM 23-02 does not contain information on target height.

Sorry ... Best information I can come up with on short notice!  As someone else said, check with DNROI.

did you thank Captain Obvious for that little tidbit ?