Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC A01 Open Gun Coming Soon

Posvar

Did anyone else see the pictures of the 9mm major A01 open build soon to be released? I have always thought that platform would make a great major blaster. Extended shielded safeties, magwell, single action trigger, aggressive grips, square trigger guard, etc. Not sure there is a viable 170mm magazine option yet. The barrel and comp are all one piece I believe. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. With current costs it will easily be 5K+ I am guessing. 

8 minutes ago, WildPete said:

Yeah, I saw it. I sent Stuart a message on how much. He didn't reply😪.

If you look at how the A01 limited has nearly doubled in the last two or three years…maybe we don’t want to know the price of the open A01. It sure looks cool though and they make great stuff. 

6 hours ago, Posvar said:

Here is a link to some pics. The photos are right off of the CZ Custom IG account so they get all the credit. 

https://imgur.com/a/mcT406g

Looks great. I see that this is a model that is manufactured in the USA and not in Europe. So I understand that it is made of metal, which is intended for  firearms .🤣

On 2/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, Posvar said:

If you look at how the A01 limited has nearly doubled in the last two or three years…maybe we don’t want to know the price of the open A01. It sure looks cool though and they make great stuff. 

Hahaha...was wondering the same thing.  I initially thought it would come in at a lower price point than the Checkmate but sounds like you think this will be their higher priced offering?

Also, this would have to feature a SA trigger right? Isn't the standard A01 a DA/SA?

Either way, absolutely beautiful gun.

3 minutes ago, Wanna_Go_Fast said:

Hahaha...was wondering the same thing.  I initially thought it would come in at a lower price point than the Checkmate but sounds like you think this will be their higher priced offering?

Also, this would have to feature a SA trigger right? Isn't the standard A01 a DA/SA?

Either way, absolutely beautiful gun.

Yes SA for sure for the open gun. The pic I posted is SA. 

11 hours ago, Posvar said:

Here is a link to some pics. The photos are right off of the CZ Custom IG account so they get all the credit. 

https://imgur.com/a/mcT406g

Thanks for the pics! Looks pretty sweet. Only two things I would want to change is moving the optic mount a little closer to the slide and having the slide racker on the opposite side. I bet it will be a heavy pig.