Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2024 Area 4 Steel Challenge

joseywales

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 8:50 AM, joseywales said:

Noticed this registration link yesterday - not sure how long it's been up on Practiscore

For those interested, it's in Corpus Christi TX April 2024

https://practiscore.com/aera-4-steel-challenge-championship-2024/register

A4D resigned during 24th BOD meeting.  BOD meeting minutes have not been posted….a bit late.  Perhaps a new interim A4D will be assigned.

6 minutes ago, Hoops said:

A4D resigned during 24th BOD meeting.  BOD meeting minutes have not been posted….a bit late.  Perhaps a new interim A4D will be assigned.

I just looked at Practiscore.  Lite sign up so far.  Still time to fill out.

20 minutes ago, shred said:

FWIW, a sitting A4D is not actually required in order to hold an A4 SCSA Championship,

It was approved before he resigned as well.

20 minutes ago, shred said:

FWIW, a sitting A4D is not actually required in order to hold an A4 SCSA Championship,

It was approved before he resigned as well.

Good to know. 👍

For those who have been to this range before... I'm planning on attending the A4 SC match and I will be flying in so my equipment will be limited. 

Are the stages far apart from each other? I usually have a cart to carry gear, but that would be an extra checked luggage.

Is there shade or seating at each stage while you are waiting for your turn to shoot?

39 minutes ago, HoboGuapo said:

For those who have been to this range before... I'm planning on attending the A4 SC match and I will be flying in so my equipment will be limited. 

Are the stages far apart from each other? I usually have a cart to carry gear, but that would be an extra checked luggage.

Is there shade or seating at each stage while you are waiting for your turn to shoot?

I shot a 5 stage match there a few years back.  Each of the 5 side by side bays had a metal carport style cover permanently staked.  I googled the range and saw a larger 6th bay next to the 5th bay.  I could not make out the 7th and 8th bay.  Parking was in across from the first few bays.

The telephone number in Practiscore is the MD’s cell number.  I would suggest you phone him.  He can fill in the blanks.  

the local Academy sports sells a 4 wheel folding cart for $50.00.  That may be an option.

4 hours ago, Hoops said:

I shot a 5 stage match there a few years back.  Each of the 5 side by side bays had a metal carport style cover permanently staked.  I googled the range and saw a larger 6th bay next to the 5th bay.  I could not make out the 7th and 8th bay.  Parking was in across from the first few bays.

The telephone number in Practiscore is the MD’s cell number.  I would suggest you phone him.  He can fill in the blanks.  

the local Academy sports sells a 4 wheel folding cart for $50.00.  That may be an option.

Thank you for the insight Hoops. I took a look at the satellite view and it looks like there will be some shade, but no seating. I like the idea of just picking up a cart at Academy. That turns out cheaper than another checked bag.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, rooster mcbee said:

Are there hotels near the range?  How far is the range from Corpus?

Yes.   Google hotels Corpus Christie and you will see several to pick from.  

40 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Yes.   Google hotels Corpus Christie and you will see several to pick from.  

I'm just trying to figure out if one hotel is closer to the range than another.  It's been a long time since I've been there, I'm sure it's changed a little since 1968.