Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FW Arms now offering an Expander Die. - Link in Thread

Sigarmsp226

Will at FW Arms is always looking for ways to make reloading better IMO.  He is a SUPER great guy to talk with and stands behind his products. 

Has anyone ordered and tried one of these new 9mm Expander Dies yet?  If so can you provide feedback if it works as well as Will describes in his description. My plan is to order one soon but currently my post Christmas funds prevents me from ordering one today.

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/expanding-dies/f-w-arms-9mm-carbide-expander/

i ordered one last night but i have many things he makes so buying this was easy choice to buy. i use lyamn expander now an  have used MA it was junk. i cant wait to try this one. 

Hopefully they will make a .356" version for plated bullets to.

All the M-dies and also the dillon swage hold down die are made for. 355" bullet diameter. The brass springback is so much that the plated bullets fall of the case.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:41 AM, SchuhmTi said:

All the M-dies and also the dillon swage hold down die are made for. 355" bullet diameter. The brass springback is so much that the plated bullets fall of the case.

Since he’s using a Berrys bullet in the demo video. I’d say that it’s probably good to go with plated bullets….

Ive used a M-die for pretty much every type of bullet. Once it’s set correctly I’ve never had any issue with bullets falling off, even at high speed. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/13/2024 at 11:41 AM, SchuhmTi said:

Previously loaded many .356" bullets on Dillon presses, and all I ever used was the OEM MBF style powder funnel.  Never had bullets falling regardless of speed............

💡

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Since he’s using a Berrys bullet in the demo video. I’d say that it’s probably good to go with plated bullets….

Ive used a M-die for pretty much every type of bullet. Once it’s set correctly I’ve never had any issue with bullets falling off, even at high speed. 🤷‍♂️

same all i used is lyman m die