Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's stoked about the new Tisas Night Stalker 2011?

notanoperator993

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/7/2024 at 4:06 PM, Jmob50 said:

So does anyone have a range report on the Tisas DS's? Accuracy at distance as well as reliability? I think I'm going to get a few for inventory and plan to put one through it's paces myself. I may have missed this but it seems the conversation moved towards Girsan.

I received a Night Stalker, a 4.25” and a 5” today. I wanted to know how “standard” these were and I’m quite impressed so far. 

All I have to compare mags-wise are STI and MBX. The MBX do fit, but do not drop free without a slight pull. I believe this may have something to do with the enlarged slot for the mag catch but not certain. They may run but to me, if they don’t drop free it doesn’t matter. I wouldn’t use them. The STI’s fit perfectly like the OE Tisas magazines do and again, comparing the mag catch to the MBX, I believe this may have something to do with it because the STI slot is exactly like the Tisas’.

Holsters. All three variants fit my Double AA race holster as well as a kydex that I use for 3 Gun(can’t remember the brand but can look if someone really wants to know). The Night Stalker fit a little snug in the kydex while the 5” fit perfect and the 4.25” was a touch loose. All were a little loose in the AA race holster but it could have something to do with the PT insert instead of the STI insert. Each were a touch loose but still locked in and would not release until unlocked.

Trigger. Last thing that has been covered but I wanted to give my opinion anyway. The Night Stalker averaged at 5.1lbs while the 4.25” and 5” were 5.9lbs.

Overall I’m impressed! I have stock and built STI’s, some Akai’s and an LSI, I’m admittedly a 1911/2011 snob and I still like these ALOT! If the ignition kits can be replaced with other 1911/2011 kits, then I truly believe these are going to be very popular soon! Now we just need EGW to get us an RMSc to RMR adapter!

17 hours ago, Jmob50 said:

I received a Night Stalker, a 4.25” and a 5” today. I wanted to know how “standard” these were and I’m quite impressed so far. 

All I have to compare mags-wise are STI and MBX. The MBX do fit, but do not drop free without a slight pull. I believe this may have something to do with the enlarged slot for the mag catch but not certain. They may run but to me, if they don’t drop free it doesn’t matter. I wouldn’t use them. The STI’s fit perfectly like the OE Tisas magazines do and again, comparing the mag catch to the MBX, I believe this may have something to do with it because the STI slot is exactly like the Tisas’.

Holsters. All three variants fit my Double AA race holster as well as a kydex that I use for 3 Gun(can’t remember the brand but can look if someone really wants to know). The Night Stalker fit a little snug in the kydex while the 5” fit perfect and the 4.25” was a touch loose. All were a little loose in the AA race holster but it could have something to do with the PT insert instead of the STI insert. Each were a touch loose but still locked in and would not release until unlocked.

Trigger. Last thing that has been covered but I wanted to give my opinion anyway. The Night Stalker averaged at 5.1lbs while the 4.25” and 5” were 5.9lbs.

Overall I’m impressed! I have stock and built STI’s, some Akai’s and an LSI, I’m admittedly a 1911/2011 snob and I still like these ALOT! If the ignition kits can be replaced with other 1911/2011 kits, then I truly believe these are going to be very popular soon! Now we just need EGW to get us an RMSc to RMR adapter!

Thanks for the info! These are hard to resists for the money...

20 minutes ago, mreed911 said:

"2011 for poors"

Great message... 😕

Ah, got it. Yeah, I'm not found of that phrase either. But the review is good and the reviewer is actually an inclusive, good guy.

Edited by Seakphotog

Aaron Cowan has his 2,000 round review of the MAC available for Patreon subscribers. 

He likes the gun. It shot well for him and he had no issues with the mount holding zero through his drop tests. 

The only thing he really complained about is the heavy factory recoil spring. Also the trigger on his gun is five or so pounds. Both issues are pretty easily corrected but he's going to leave the gun stock. At least for the time being. 

He's also maybe going to send it to Joe Chambers so a gunsmith can get a good look at what's inside. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 5" Tisas so far so good.  Threw some springs and a firing pin at it and tuned the sear spring from 5 to about 2.5lbs   Dawson Sti magwell fits great.  Irons for now .  

• 2 weeks later...

I got to mess with a Night Stalker the other day. The general fit and finish was pretty solid. Controls worked nicely. The trigger was crisp but rather heavy. I'd guess above five pounds. The owner said he hadn't shot more than 150 or 200 rounds through it but it had been working just fine for him.