Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suppressors

I’ve been seeing more and more of them in my local matches. The PRS crowd has been using them for years but this past year or so I’ve seen a real uptick in them in other places. I sure like mine. I think at some point the rules of some of the games will need to be rethought to universally include them as legal equipment. USPSA says they muck up the timers but I’ve never seen that, personally.

There’s no benefit in a true speed game like USPSA. They add length and weight and make for a more unwieldy package. I’m a guy that doesn’t shoot anything besides match guns without a can and I wouldn’t use it for matches 

I'm with Nathan. Suppressors make sense in PRS where competitors are pretty much on top of each other and you're shooting supported but the suppressor is a competitive disadvantage in 3gun. Unless of course the timer fails to pick up your last shot lol.

Also, a suppressor on your 3gun rifle is a great way to get dump barrel on your suppressor.

I’ve run my suppressor on a 10.5” barrel for a local 3 gun match a couple times. 
it was fun, but I was overly aware of where that can was going when dumping in barrels and moving around so I wouldn’t burn myself. 

I've RO'd some suppressed shooters before. Turn the timer sensitivity way up, warn the shooter that you're going to be all up in their business when finishing a stage with a rifle, then still get dirty looks from them when I have to almost be physically touching the rifle with the timer to catch the last shot. Not fun.