Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Life Expectancy - Ruger 10/22 magazines

RickT

1 hour ago, WildPete said:

I ordered the TK DoubleKross mags to see if this would help with my bolt being stuck back during a string.  Nice mags, but it didn't cure my issue. I tried getting good pics, poor lighting, and having only 2 having only two hands this was the best I could get. I couldn't see why the bolt was stuck back the round didn't look like it was hanging up. When I slowly pulled the charging handle back the nose of the round poked up and I sent the bolt forward. 

385540687_320785227506068_7219757107017157468_n.jpg

371540357_1076527400428584_2611191483985027645_n.jpg

questions.

1. Is this a new issue you’re having?

2. Are you running a standard or lite wt recoil spring? 

3.  Any ejection issues?

4. HV or StdV ammo?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Hoops said:

questions.

1. Is this a new issue you’re having?

2. Are you running a standard or lite wt recoil spring? 

3.  Any ejection issues?

4. HV or StdV ammo?

1. Yes. During a string, the dreaded bolt stuck back happens. Not often but it happens. This started happening at Area 8. The first of the year 10/22 ran 100% flawless. I have a Wiland short barrel with a shroud. 

2. For this test I swapped out to lite Kidd recoil spring. I had been using the white spring which I think is standard, when the bolt being held open occurred. 

3. No ejection issues.

4. CCI Mini mag, HV. 

1 hour ago, WildPete said:

1. Yes. During a string, the dreaded bolt stuck back happens. Not often but it happens. This started happening at Area 8. The first of the year 10/22 ran 100% flawless. I have a Wiland short barrel with a shroud. 

2. For this test I swapped out to lite Kidd recoil spring. I had been using the white spring which I think is standard, when the bolt being held open occurred. 

3. No ejection issues.

4. CCI Mini mag, HV. 

I’m biased about barrels.  My experience and others on this forum plus my friends is the Wiland barrel doesn’t produce enough pressure to properly AND reliably move the bolt…..even with lite recoil spring.  It works until it doesn’t.  Reliability was out issuer.

For SCSA, the Briley Raptor lightweight 16 1/2” barrel is a good choice.  Essentially we believe any 16 1/2” barrel is the way to go….there are a number of good options.