Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Additions To Our Dictionary.

SiG Lady

I just heard another "new" word out of the mouth of a CNN reporter in Iraq a moment ago, which brought to mind the whole idea of Word Creativity... (word on the left is the "new" version of the word; word on the right is our conventional version):

Schizophrenacy = (schizophrenia) Heard amidst the Katrina disaster reports.

Squirmishes = (skirmishes) CNN employee reporting from the region on the war in Iraq.

So, have YOU heard any good ones lately...? :D

I don't know the context in the movie Friday, but "Principality" is a legit word. It means the territory over which a prince rules. I've seen it used more often to refer to small nation/states than to big countries. http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/principality

OK we all know your a smart guy.....But it's still a funny word :D

My husband uttered a new word tonite: dramastic. It's a combination of drastic and dramatic. He has a talent for combining words - i.e. glaze: to glare and gaze. I'm the one that re-arranges consenants. I once really twisted one up at a bad time (in front of a boss). The word? Fuddle-muck.

Here is an embarassing one I managed to say quite loudly in Target to my 9 year old daughter while looking at video games. I said "Well maybe someday soon we can get a playboy" (In case I need to explain, I had accidentally combined play station and game boy. What I think I really need is a station boy B)

A neighborhood friend recently invented a new word he's particularly proud of.

You know how when you say "Ah, football, schmootball," or, "iPod, schmipod"... well, that's a Jewphemism. I don't know the correct spelling actually. It could also be Jeuphemism or Juphemism.

:D

be