Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Atlas Athena IDPA legal?

P schütze

It should be fine, you might want to tell them your intention and they can make sure the safety isn't to side for the box or anything silly. But it's probably good to go as is. You can probably even add a little weight to it if you wanted. Atlas says they're only 39 oz with a SRO mounted. CO is 45 oz limit. ESP is 43 oz 

4 hours ago, sfinney said:

If worried about being IDPA legal, buy any gun touched by Wilson and you should be fine. :) 

Of course. It's common knowlege that IDPA matches are completely dominated by shooters with Wilson guns!

On 9/22/2023 at 10:28 AM, RangerTrace said:

They have IDPA shielded  safeties available.

And IDPA mag well funnels.

I think a double stack is a smart move for IDPA.  You are limited to 10+1 in ESP/CO now, but I think the move to 15+1 in SSP will eventually be followed in ESP.  Means I will shelve my Colt and shoot my STI.  

Wisecracks about Wilson preference notwithstanding, I see more Nighthawks in my area than Wilson.  Not that there are many of either.

• 3 weeks later...

The Athena can be IDPA legal is you select the "IDPA safety" and "IDPA magwell" options for your build. With those options the gun will fit in the box and it does make weight. Also, when you select mags make sure you select the 126mm with the slanted IDPA base pads.

The CS people at Atlas are VERY helpful and they can walk you through it before you commit to anything. FYI - the lead time is currently about 8 months