Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are There Many Top Left Handed Shooters?

Jayman

As a lefty there are things I've had to do that weren't the norm, obviously. I'm wondering if there are any pros/master/grandmasters out there that are lefties? If so, I am wanting to see some footage of them in action...

Do any of you know of/are you a top left handed shooter?

A Norwegian guy named Steinar Haugli is a lefty and a very good shooter. He was 31st in Open in the World Shoot, but I'm guessing he had some problems, because he lost to a lot of european guys who he regularly beats in other competitions. You can find a longish video of him at

www.triggerfreeze.com

There in the Videos-section on the right-hand side there are the Large Downloads. It's the StoneHard in Gothenburg one.

are you a top left handed shooter?

Not yet, but I'm working on it :P

When I started shooting, I was righty/right eye (left eye closed). Then I started shooting both eyes open and I found out I was left eye dominant. June last year I switched to lefty and there was no real drop off. Shooting lefty just feels better anyway.

Shred

:D well, hmm.. I think I may have been the top lefty at the Steel Challenge this year, but didn't really check (hey! where's my prize?!? :lol: ). Joe Kessler was the first name that popped into my head.. he was pretty darn good. Getting good lefty gear has always been an issue, but once you've got that, the deltas are very very small.

Footage? do we have footage: http://www.uspsa-photos.org/gallery/Aera4-05video. http://www.competitiondvd.com