Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

classifier records?

JohnDunbar

Then there's timer failures, scorekeeping typos, setup errors and shenanigans in general.  Probably very noisy data (which is why the stated "Eyeball the top scores and guess at the HHF" method is nuts)

There is data, but it's not available to the general public.

If you look back in time, you couldn't even get the HHF for classifiers and had to use a third-party website "classifier calculator" (http://classifiercalc.com/) to get some information. USPSA started publishing classifier information to the extent that you can now look up the HHF for each classifier, but you still can't access the data or the method that was used to calculate the HHF. 

There is an IG account that has crawled the data and posted the top bunch of runs on each classifier but that guy got banned from USPSA for various reasons so doesn't look like he'll be keeping up with it.

• 5 months later...

That is a really interesting illustration of how jacked up the manual HHF-setting process is.  Compare say PCC 99- classifiers vs Open.

If there's enough data it would be interesting to see the new-HHF pie charts vs old.  I suspect a lot of the PCC and Open GMs are left over from when it was easier to get them.

1 hour ago, shred said:

That is a really interesting illustration of how jacked up the manual HHF-setting process is.  Compare say PCC 99- classifiers vs Open.

If there's enough data it would be interesting to see the new-HHF pie charts vs old.  I suspect a lot of the PCC and Open GMs are left over from when it was easier to get them.

Flip that. Look at how many classifiers for carry optics are shot at higher classifications. Is it popularity or is it something else?  

im on mobile so I can’t pull it up to directly compare easily. 

51 minutes ago, shred said:

Likely more something else.  A lot of scores in a curve should just result in a smoother curve rather than a bulge somewhere.

Fair.  I find the data interesting. I just need to get to a bigger screen to see it all play out 

3 hours ago, shred said:

There is already a way to see it. Within the classifier tables there are percent, curPercent, difference between the two and historical hhf columns. You can sort by them too. 

for pie chart I would need to implement actual classification calculation. Which will probably happen after uploads. But if you can create an issue on GitHub (link in top right corner) - it will help