Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Go pro

Squirrel45

What exactly are you asking?  Looking for recommendations on which Go Pro?  1st person or 3rd person?

I have a Go Pro 4 that I put on a hat strap.  It uses voice commands once on.  When you're on deck, turn it on.  As you walk to the line, say "Go Pro start recording"  After you're done, say "Go Pro Stop recording" followed by "Go Pro Power off"

I'm getting frustrated with GoPro brand. I had a Hero 8 and the battery died, non replaceable. I even tried to get it apart, no way. Go Pro would not fix it.

Then I bought a Hero 10, I use the App on my phone to control it, sometimes it connects, sometimes it don't.

I had it mounted to a pole at an outdoor match and it kept overheating, OK I get that, it was hot out.

Couple days ago I was recording an ICORE match for our club, indoor range, not too hot and it still overheated.

Installed the recommended firmware update, still overheats. 

So then I read a bunch of recommendations to make it work, I was told to turn off a lot of the features, Well what's the point of buying one with all the fancy features if you can't use them?

Hero 7 or better, for the image stabilization. 
I went from a 7 to 8 and can't notice any difference.

I have heard about overheating issues with the 10 also, that sucks. I use my 8 for shooting and mountainbiking and it's been great. I can record for two hours straight

3 hours ago, DukeSoprano said:

I'm getting frustrated with GoPro brand. I had a Hero 8 and the battery died, non replaceable. I even tried to get it apart, no way. Go Pro would not fix it.

Then I bought a Hero 10, I use the App on my phone to control it, sometimes it connects, sometimes it don't.

I had it mounted to a pole at an outdoor match and it kept overheating, OK I get that, it was hot out.

Couple days ago I was recording an ICORE match for our club, indoor range, not too hot and it still overheated.

Installed the recommended firmware update, still overheats. 

So then I read a bunch of recommendations to make it work, I was told to turn off a lot of the features, Well what's the point of buying one with all the fancy features if you can't use them?

This doesn't sound to promising 😬 sorry to hear youv had these issues 

2 hours ago, waktasz said:

Hero 7 or better, for the image stabilization. 
I went from a 7 to 8 and can't notice any difference.

I have heard about overheating issues with the 10 also, that sucks. I use my 8 for shooting and mountainbiking and it's been great. I can record for two hours straight

Looks like the 7 and 8 are about the same price wise. Just go with the 8?

The 8 does support a higher max res and frame rate, and has a higher level of image stabilization but I never use more than 1080p...it makes my laptop run too slow when editing videos and the "hypersmooth" image stabilization makes the imagine unnaturally smooth and goofy looking because it eliminates your steps when you run or the bumps when I'm on the bike. It works well in a car on a race track though. I believe the 8 has a bigger battery but it works in the 7 with a software update. 

36 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The 8 does support a higher max res and frame rate, and has a higher level of image stabilization but I never use more than 1080p...it makes my laptop run too slow when editing videos and the "hypersmooth" image stabilization makes the imagine unnaturally smooth and goofy looking because it eliminates your steps when you run or the bumps when I'm on the bike. It works well in a car on a race track though. I believe the 8 has a bigger battery but it works in the 7 with a software update. 

Thanks for the info