Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics,, thumb rest

EEH

18 hours ago, SufferInSilence said:

Bro… the Rival-S is on the production list has been since FEB ‘23.  

Bro... And it is on the list WITHOUT the Canik thumb rest add-on that gets installed on the grip.  

Go play in LO and stop worrying about the CO rules then. 

1 hour ago, broadside72 said:

Bro... And it is on the list WITHOUT the Canik thumb rest add-on that gets installed on the grip.  

Go play in LO and stop worrying about the CO rules then. 

Clown… no one EVER said you can have the TR on a production division gun! 
Your literally the one that keeps crying about Production rules… 😂  

38 minutes ago, SufferInSilence said:

maybe you should read the rulebook....

rules.PNG.ca2a2a0277576c78ea6644f1c64d3982.PNG

but I am done correcting you. Have a good weekend. 

51 minutes ago, SufferInSilence said:

Sorry to be so obtuse but I want to make sure I understand what you are trying to say....

Are you saying that you believe that if a factory TR was installed on a Canik Rival-S then it would be legal for USPSA CO but illegal for Production?

Edited by ddc

On 10/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, broadside72 said:

maybe you should read the rulebook....

rules.PNG.ca2a2a0277576c78ea6644f1c64d3982.PNG

but I am done correcting you. Have a good weekend. 

You don’t even make sense.  
You are still literally the one that keeps bringing up production division. This thread is whether or not a TR is legal in CO. **NOT PRODICTION**

But… considering that sh!t smoothie between your ears wants to complain about it so much, her goes: 

- Per the screen shot you posted, the Canik Rival S meets the production list.  

- This fact is annotated in the latest rule book (yeah, the one you cherry pick your information from) since February 2023.  

- Because you wanna complain off topic about production so much, “NO” you cannot have a TR on a production gun because it’s specifically not allowed in that division. <end,stop,period> 

Everyone else that plays the sport knows this, catch up! 

- Nothing in the App, specifically prohibits a TR for CO division as long as the “grip is not >>>modified to create<<< one!  
Go back and you-yourself read the ‘criteria’ you’re complaining about.  

- The Rival-S was manufactured, NOT “modified” to “create” one.  

- The rule book even says that the Caniks made from the factory with slide rackers, and magwells, are to be removed for CO.
Hint: because they are “specifically prohibited” for CO. 

((makes no mention of the thumb rest))

Do you think they reviewed the gun for the list and didn’t realize there was a TR attachment??? C’mon…! 

- If your still not convinced (which frankly I don’t care) Go to just about any match from central Florida to east Texas (at least from what I’ve seen so far) and let them all know you are bumping them to Open division for their TR….
Oh wait… your not the match director…?

Don’t worry, no one will be shooting that division for much longer then, you can be the champ over everyone that doesn’t have a TR either.  😂 

D832933A-3D91-4D97-B810-5FA55FAC42B1.jpeg

Edited by SufferInSilence

ANY more name calling, etc., will earn a holiday from the forums. Last warning...

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

3 hours ago, SufferInSilence said:

You don’t even make sense.  
You are still literally the one that keeps bringing up production division. This thread is whether or not a TR is legal in CO. **NOT PRODICTION**

But… considering that sh!t smoothie between your ears wants to complain about it so much, her goes: 

- Per the screen shot you posted, the Canik Rival S meets the production list.  

- This fact is annotated in the latest rule book (yeah, the one you cherry pick your information from) since February 2023.  

- Because you wanna complain off topic about production so much, “NO” you cannot have a TR on a production gun because it’s specifically not allowed in that division. <end,stop,period> 

Everyone else that plays the sport knows this, catch up! 

- Nothing in the App, specifically prohibits a TR for CO division as long as the “grip is not >>>modified to create<<< one!  
Go back and you-yourself read the ‘criteria’ you’re complaining about.  

- The Rival-S was manufactured, NOT “modified” to “create” one.  

- The rule book even says that the Caniks made from the factory with slide rackers, and magwells, are to be removed for CO.
Hint: because they are “specifically prohibited” for CO. 

((makes no mention of the thumb rest))

Do you think they reviewed the gun for the list and didn’t realize there was a TR attachment??? C’mon…! 

- If your still not convinced (which frankly I don’t care) Go to just about any match from central Florida to east Texas (at least from what I’ve seen so far) and let them all know you are bumping them to Open division for their TR….
Oh wait… your not the match director…?

Don’t worry, no one will be shooting that division for much longer then, you can be the champ over everyone that doesn’t have a TR either.  😂 

D832933A-3D91-4D97-B810-5FA55FAC42B1.jpeg

The following excerpt from the blog posted earlier seems to argue against your position:

For Production and Carry Optics, the appendices (D4, Item 22.2 and D7, Item 21.4, respectively) state that the grips cannot be modified to create a thumb rest. And in those divisions, bolting thumb rests onto the frame is not allowed because that is not specifically stated as allowed in App. D4 and D7.

4 hours ago, SufferInSilence said:

The Rival-S was manufactured, NOT “modified” to “create” one.

Here's the link to Canik SFx Rival-S. I don't see a thumb rest of even an oversized slide release lever. There are quite a few photos, including the close-ups of the controls. If you have something else in mind, it's a MODIFICATION of the Canik SFx Rival-S. 

So, what is it?